• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Network Rail train near Swindon

WizCastro197

Established Member
Not sure if the is correct place to post but:

Yesterday at around 09:20 , I saw a network rail train near Swindon station, I can't remember whether it was east or west of the station itself but the train wasn't one of the usual ones such as the HST or the others. It looked quite new actually. Is anybody able to assist as I'm intrigued to find out what train this was! Thanks all in advance

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Snow1964

Established Member
When I was at Westbury on Friday morning, was a rail grinder which is long string of yellow painted vehicles, parked on track next to platform line, might have done some work and moved to near Swindon

WizCastro197

Established Member
When I was at Westbury on Friday morning, was a rail grinder which is long string of yellow painted vehicles, parked on track next to platform line, might have done some work and moved to near Swindon
It was two coupled up to each other.