• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New Cambridge South Station Timetable

MikeWM

Established Member
Why is North so badly equipped to be a Science Park station? That was the original purpose.... is there any investment planned to improve access / signage / experience as a whole?

I think the idea is that the experience will improve as more gets built around the station. So far I'm not remotely convinced!

For a couple of years, the Science Park itself paid for a shuttle service to run between the station and around the Science Park in the morning and evening. It wasn't especially well-used but it wasn't especially well-advertised either. It was suspended in March 2020 and, like many other things temporarily 'suspended' at that time, never came back.

It is rather a shame that the attitude appears to be 'we built the station and people are using it, so we don't need to do anything else now.' As I say above, even to the level of keeping the streetlights working on the path next to the guided busway extension. And it is ludicrous that they've spent the last 2 years 'improving' Milton Road but have nothing planned for the truly appalling crossing between the south entrance to the science park and the guided busway path.

Moans aside, I am grateful for the existence of the station, it makes my commute much easier, though it would be good if it were also rather more pleasant.

Fortunately, I suspect few or any of these problems will apply to the new South station.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums