• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New Oyster Fare Finder

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
This morning has seen a new version of my Oyster Fare Finder released on my site. I've made some cosmetic changes so that the adult fares are easier to spot and added one major new feature.

Each route/alternate route now displays the zonal coverage of the fare in question. This further emphasizes where cross London routes involve zone 1, as well as hinting what the default route might be when it avoids zone 1. It also clarifies all zones required when a journey goes in and out on different lines.

It can help answer queries about which travelcard would be needed for a particular regular commute, or which zonal cap will I reach if I include this journey. For some examples of the above try the following journeys:

Richmond (4) to Bexleyheath (5). Obvious route via Waterloo but default route is zones 2-5.
Abbey Wood (4) to Mottingham (4). Could go via Lewisham (3) but direct trains mean it is charged as zones 4-6.
Finsbury Park (2) to Hackney Central (2). Default route is zones 2-3 via Seven Sisters.

Status
Not open for further replies.