• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Nice Senior Promotion in Austria

Status
Not open for further replies.

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member
While plotting a trip next year I've come across a very good limited time offer for seniors (over 61) in Austria.
Between October 27 and November 26 you can go anywhere in Austria for €19 for a day ticket, or €59 for the entire month.
No time restrictions, valid on all ÖBB services except EuroNight.
Valid with a senior railcard (Vorteilscard Senior) which is €29 for a year, available online.
The info page is only in German, but you can translate with your browser: http://www.oebb.at/de/Tickets/Freizeit-Tickets/Senioren-Ticket/

I think ÖBB makes a similar offer at other off-peak times of the year.
Nearly as good as Belgium's permanent senior offer of €6 return between any two stations (over 65, no railcard needed, after 0900 weekdays).
http://www.belgianrail.be/en/travel-tickets/tickets/seniors-ticket.aspx

ATOC please copy!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Yew

Established Member
For a second I thought you'd taken up a managerial position in OBB from the thread name!

dutchflyer

Established Member
Yes, a similar offer in november-traditionally a week month for traffic, is/has been available most years.
A small scale thing does exist in Scotland for oct/nov.: a senior club 55+ return for just 19GBP. No railcard needed!
As a Dutchman I have a weekendvrij pass: valid from fri 18.30 till sun/mon-night 4.00-unlimited travel for 29 eur/month, but must subscribe for at least 1 year. For seniors from 65 its just 20/month.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Oh and note that the MINImum age to qualify for the Seniorvorteilskarte will rise with the coming years, I think every 2 years with 1 ageyear, untill it comes to 65.

Status
Not open for further replies.