• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

noisy class 37 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a relatively new Bachmann 37 and it has been running light engine for a while to run it in. it is still making a faint grinding / buzzing noise in the transmission despite it running smoothly visually. by contrast my Bachmann 20 has run for hours and still sound and runs smooth. I have never opened up one of these locos and was wondering if this is a common problem where a certain part of the motor or drivetrain just needs some lube

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

what controller? why would the controller I use have an effect on this class 37's noise when all my other locos run smooth and silent? anyway it's a Hornby HM2000. It still makes this noise if you run it on a piece of track with a 6v battery connected to the rails, so it's got nothing to do with the controller.

had a shock today when I tried to open it up to look at it. It was bought from Ebay as a new model. One of the screws that needs to be undone to get the body off was severely rounded and could not be removed. Obviously whoever sold it was lying and must've messed up the screw with the wrong posidrive bit, possibly trying to get inside to attempt lubing it. What a complete idiot.

northernrail

I got a 37670, the last person who had it almost destroyed it, anntena's missing, doors coming of hinges, lights broke, paint scuffs, buffers missing, detailing pack missing:|
all i have to do now is get the detailing pack, buffers and anntena's (Somehow)

Status
Not open for further replies.