• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern compensation tickets

curtly

Good evening,

I have two delay repay northern compensation tickets which have my name on. Me and the partner would like to travel together. Can the partner use one of my tickets?

Regards

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

lyndhurst25

Established Member
They are only supposed to be used by the person named on the ticket (it says on the back). But saying that, I have never been asked for ID when using them. It would likely be noticed if the two of you are travelling together though. Whether or not they would be bothered, who knows?

I wonder what Northern issue if you claim for delays using a Duo ticket? And I have been issued with compensation tickets without any name written in them.

NorthWestRover

Established Member
The two separate passengers claim for delay repay when it's Duo tickets. I did it recently and we both got comp tickets.

xotGD

Established Member
Good evening,

I have two delay repay northern compensation tickets which have my name on. Me and the partner would like to travel together. Can the partner use one of my tickets?

Regards
I was in that situation - my wife had two tickets with her name on. I phoned up Northern to ask if we could use them to travel together, and in response they sent out two more tickets. :D

So we each got two trips out.

toffeedanish

I've been in this situation many times and it has never been a problem. My partners ticket will have my name on as I paid for the journey that was delayed and generated the freebie.