• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Line 19th October

Status
Not open for further replies.

90sWereBetter

Lost somewhere within Bank-Monument tube station,
This is the day that I plan to travel around in London (money permitting, as I'm a new student :p), and from what I can understand from the TFL website, it appears both central London branches of the Northern line are out of action that weekend through engineering works. Is this actually the case, because usually one of the branches is kept open when the other is closed for engineering works. Or at least it seems that way...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

superdrive1

Yes it is the case that both central branches of the Northern Line will be closed on this weekend, I believe this is because of the installation of ATO signalling or something along those lines, with something like that it's better to close the lot in one go and get it over with rather than close alternate branches on alternate weekends

Dstock7080

Established Member
"Line engineering work and station works at Hampstead".

The Waterloo & City will be running on Sunday 20 October 1000–2000 to supplement the Bank branch, the service already operates to 0030 on Saturdays.

CatfordCat

This has happened once or twice already this year.

On at least one occasion, the Thameslink line was also closed. National Rail Enquiries was suggesting people use the northern line to cross London...

starrymarkb

Established Member
I believe the work includes the Camden Town Junctions hence both branches being shut.

Status
Not open for further replies.