• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern (Qualified) Driver, Leeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gemz91

Afternoon all,

Just after some information with Train Driver jobs at Leeds. I assume the depot is based at Leeds station? Do some early/evening shifts start/finish at other places though like Neville Hill? Do the rosters include depot turns, or are they covered by depot drivers?

Currently based at a small station where all our turns of duty start/finish at the station, but I assume other TOC's and depots work things different.

I might think of further questions later.

Cheers for any help.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RBSN

Afternoon all,

Just after some information with Train Driver jobs at Leeds. I assume the depot is based at Leeds station? Do some early/evening shifts start/finish at other places though like Neville Hill? Do the rosters include depot turns, or are they covered by depot drivers?

Currently based at a small station where all our turns of duty start/finish at the station, but I assume other TOC's and depots work things different.

I might think of further questions later.

Cheers for any help.

A close friend of mine is a qualified train driver at Leeds and he (they) take turns as driver, spare and general depot.

1D53

Established Member
The depot is in Leeds station, any requirement to go to a depot is with a taxi provided. Drivers don't book on or off on Neville Hill or Holbeck. Shunts on Neville Hill depot are done by depot drivers but Leeds based drivers will take units too and from the depot. The night shift at Leeds sees drivers almost exclusively work to Neville Hill and back, although one turn acts as night shunter at Holbeck.

Gemz91

The depot is in Leeds station, any requirement to go to a depot is with a taxi provided. Drivers don't book on or off on Neville Hill or Holbeck. Shunts on Neville Hill depot are done by depot drivers but Leeds based drivers will take units too and from the depot. The night shift at Leeds sees drivers almost exclusively work to Neville Hill and back, although one turn acts as night shunter at Holbeck.

Cheers for the info. Was thinking Neville Hill would be too far to cycle from where we're wanting to live, if booking on and off is always at Leeds Station I should be alright though.

R Trevithick

I can't speak for Leeds but a Manchester Victoria there are jobs that start or finish at Newton Heath. Booking on and off is done at Victoria though. Then taxi or pass rides.

Some people use the taxis back to Vic, others leave transport at Newton Heath. I'm assuming a similar system operates at Leeds.
You would not be left stranded.

OpsWeb

Is car parking provided at Leeds station for drivers? I used to work at Glasgow Central and parking was an absolute nightmare!

Status
Not open for further replies.