• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern rail trainee conductor. Doncaster and Barrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

area 39

Hi Guys. Im looking for a tel number for Northern Rail HR. Ive had a interview for a trainee conductors position which i did not get and im getting nowhere emailing asking for feedback. Can anyone help please ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

garageflower

Hi area_39 I think I remember reading something along the lines of 'due to the high number of applications Northern is unable to provide feedback' ?

area 39

Hi area_39 I think I remember reading something along the lines of 'due to the high number of applications Northern is unable to provide feedback' ?

Thanks for the reply. The web site says if you get to the interview stage then you can get feedback and I have now been waiting around 2 months for feedback and I have emailed a few times with no reply.

garageflower

I passed my assessment thanks to all for help and advice. I've joined many of you in the talent pool another long wait but I'm a believer in the Guinness slogan :)

area 39

I thought i had applied for this position but my job page still says new application submitted.

garageflower

I thought i had applied for this position but my job page still says new application submitted.

area 39 sorry for the confusion, I'm in the talent pool for a Leeds positon not Doncaster / Barrow. I hijacked this thread as there wasn't one on the go for the Leeds posts.

waytogo

area 39 sorry for the confusion, I'm in the talent pool for a Leeds positon not Doncaster / Barrow. I hijacked this thread as there wasn't one on the go for the Leeds posts.

Hi, any news on a start date?

I have been in the talent pool for Sheffield for a few months , and have a start date for the course in Jan.

garageflower

I have been in the talent pool for Sheffield for a few months , and have a start date for the course in Jan.

Hi waytogo no not yet. There were two places on a Jan course for Leeds both allocated. I recieved an email yesterday about trainee conductor posts for Wigan and Manchester - would these have been taken from the talent pool for those areas first or just go external, still confused about the workings!

BigLee

Hi waytogo no not yet. There were two places on a Jan course for Leeds both allocated. I recieved an email yesterday about trainee conductor posts for Wigan and Manchester - would these have been taken from the talent pool for those areas first or just go external, still confused about the workings!

Hey garageflower, I was hoping for a place on the Jan 26th course as I know there was a place. As I've not heard anything as yet I am guessing they filled the place internally. Although saying that, last time I had just under 4 weeks notice so there is still time yet!! It really is a mystery as to how the system works. I might give them a call this week providing they've not finished for Christmas.

garageflower

Hey garageflower, I was hoping for a place on the Jan 26th course as I know there was a place. As I've not heard anything as yet I am guessing they filled the place internally. Although saying that, last time I had just under 4 weeks notice so there is still time yet!! It really is a mystery as to how the system works. I might give them a call this week providing they've not finished for Christmas.
reckon they'll still be in mate, I was told there's another course for Leeds in March. Keeping fingers crossed for that but I think that will be advertised again... So then your competing against fellow talent poolers and new applicants?

BigLee

reckon they'll still be in mate, I was told there's another course for Leeds in March. Keeping fingers crossed for that but I think that will be advertised again... So then your competing against fellow talent poolers and new applicants?

Had a good chat with HR yesterday. Pretty much backs up what you say. It seems all of the training spaces for the east side are full for Jan and Feb start. Looking at March as the earliest, which works out alright. Said she would hopefully give me a call in the New Year.
From memory, you are going against new applications too, but they have to score better/live nearer/buy HR better chocolates etc in order to get the place before you. You should have no problem with Leeds. I'm waiting because I am also competing with current conductors wanting to transfer to Skipton. I just need to stop thinking about it for 2 weeks as nothing will happen in that time. Re-engage train brain in Jan. All the best folks.... Lee

garageflower

Had a good chat with HR yesterday. Pretty much backs up what you say. It seems all of the training spaces for the east side are full for Jan and Feb start. Looking at March as the earliest, which works out alright. Said she would hopefully give me a call in the New Year.
From memory, you are going against new applications too, but they have to score better/live nearer/buy HR better chocolates etc in order to get the place before you. You should have no problem with Leeds. I'm waiting because I am also competing with current conductors wanting to transfer to Skipton. I just need to stop thinking about it for 2 weeks as nothing will happen in that time. Re-engage train brain in Jan. All the best folks.... Lee

I'll be sure to save some of the chocolates I unwrap in 2 days time and forward them onto Northern HR then :P haha have a good Christmas mate

garageflower

Hi Lee - do you have the number for Northern HR been looking through my documentation and scouring the web but can't find it. Just want to call early jan just to keep my name fresh in their minds without pestering. Thanks.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

Did you keep niggling at them every few weeks over the months waytogo or just sit tight and an email appeared? Not sure if a barrage of calls and emails would work for or against me?! Cheers

waytogo

Hi Lee - do you have the number for Northern HR been looking through my documentation and scouring the web but can't find it. Just want to call early jan just to keep my name fresh in their minds without pestering. Thanks.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

Did you keep niggling at them every few weeks over the months waytogo or just sit tight and an email appeared? Not sure if a barrage of calls and emails would work for or against me?! Cheers

Hi, I did chase once via email but never heard anything back so thought it best to sit tight and wait!

SLV

I have an interview next week for the Doncaster trainee conductor position - really looking forward to it. Came as a surprise as applied way back in October and had heard nothing.

I've passed the Verbal test, ticket selling, group bardon and role play with FTPE last March, just failed one question on the CBI interview with OPC, do Northern have the same assessments as FTPE? Just wondered if i'll have to redo them all or just a few.

SLV

Just thought I'd update the thread - I applied end of Oct 2014 for the trainee conductor Doncaster position, heard nothing apart from we've received your app when i sent and and out of the blue had an email for interview last Monday.

Attended the interview Monday and found out I'm through to assessment stage, fingers crossed they can use my successful FTPE assessments.

Well chuffed! Good luck to anyone else thats got interviews/assessments coming up.

Status
Not open for further replies.