• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Notice of Intention to Prosecute - PLEASE HELP

Haywain

Veteran Member
This may be a stupid question but do i sign here regardless or is it signed only if i am disputing if it is me?
If you are sending a separate letter, you should just write in the space "please see attached" and sign - it is asking you to sign the statement you have written in the space provided. I doubt anything rests on it either way.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ducky88

If you are sending a separate letter, you should just write in the space "please see attached" and sign - it is asking you to sign the statement you have written in the space provided. I doubt anything rests on it either way.
Thank you so much for the fast reply! :)

Ducky88

UPDATE:

Hi Everyone, Thank you so so very much for all the constructive criticism and support. I truly feel it was through so many iterations of my letter that i got the outcome i got.

They decided to settle outside of court. The fine is a very fair amount of £500 something. I am truly grateful to everyone, the moral support especially.

Hopefully I can help others too, but for sure il be sure to tell others not to fare evade! its not worth it!

Please let me know if any documents can help others too

Haywain

Veteran Member
That's good news, and that it's an amount you feel is fair. Now you must make sure you don't repeat this, as I am sure you are aware.

Ducky88

Trust me, I wont be doing this again. not to save a few pennies. this was not worth it. Looking back i was just so stupid.

LilypadCicero

Trust me, I wont be doing this again. not to save a few pennies. this was not worth it. Looking back i was just so stupid.
Ive just read through you story, I think it's great that the help here gave you a good outcome! Im going through it myself right now, do you know roughly how long it took you to get the first letter? Im anxiously waiting for mine. And also was there an option to send your response online? Or just by posting it back and waiting a few weeks (which it looks like it took for you)?

Ducky88

Ive just read through you story, I think it's great that the help here gave you a good outcome! Im going through it myself right now, do you know roughly how long it took you to get the first letter? Im anxiously waiting for mine. And also was there an option to send your response online? Or just by posting it back and waiting a few weeks (which it looks like it took for you)?
Please post on your own thread to get more tailored advice.

but depends on which train company that the letter is coming from.

the first letter took 4-6 weeks.

then they replied within 2 weeks.

With GTR, you can only send via post (which in it self is nerve wrecking because i was worried about them not receiving it etc. over overthinking etc)

Just to add more info:

Reason i found the settlement Sum to be very fair was because they calculated how much fare was avoided and then added £150 Admin fee on top. SO it means they deducted what i had originally paid which i did not expect. Grateful doesnt sum it up.

Last edited:

LilypadCicero

Please post on your own thread to get more tailored advice.

but depends on which train company that the letter is coming from.

the first letter took 4-6 weeks.

then they replied within 2 weeks.

With GTR, you can only send via post (which in it self is nerve wrecking because i was worried about them not receiving it etc. over overthinking etc)

Just to add more info:

Reason i found the settlement Sum to be very fair was because they calculated how much fare was avoided and then added £150 Admin fee on top. SO it means they deducted what i had originally paid which i did not expect. Grateful doesnt sum it up.
Yes sorry I do have my own thread. Just was curious for how it went for you so I can tailor how patiently I need to manage my anxiety. Sending by post would also drive me crazy, but I'm glad it all got resolved nicely for you! As for the settlement sum, that is good of them, hopefully I get as lucky.