• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Off track application query - Application Reassigned To New Vacancy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aidduz

Hi guys, I was wondering if anybody can help me? I have applied for a job as an off track operative and have got to interview stage which I had this time last week, it seemed to go ok. I haven't heard back from NR as yet but my application status online for this IRC number has gone from ASSESSMENT 2 COMPLETED to saying APPLICATION REASSIGNED TO NEW VACANCY and a new IRC number for a separate application has automatically been started, the status of which has been accepted. I phoned the helpline and she said it's because they must have two vacancies available instead of the original one? I know that there were only 3 of us that got through to interview stage so was wondering if anybody could help me understand this or if anybody has experienced this before?

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

alxndr

Established Member
I had an application reassigned recently, although a slightly different scenario as it wasn't a vacancy I was applying for, but being given a shared UPN role on a temporary basis as there were no vacancies. Apparently they'd gotten confused into thinking that I'd been given and accepted a verbal offer. I ended up with the same position as I was originally supposed to get, and everything proceeded as normal from there on, so nothing to worry about.

aidduz

Shrewsbury carbers255.

Thanks alxndr, I'm hoping that I have the second position but obviously very anxious times. I'll keep my fingers crossed. It's hard to determine either way ????????????

Last edited:

LS.CYMRU

First time posting here so might mess this up...

Same thing happened to me with my job 2 years ago (operative signalling maintenance) and I was successful.
Just moved everything onto a new application.

So may be a good omen?

Good luck either way.

aidduz

Thanks LS.CYMRU, I hope so. Did your new application show as application accepted or go straight to assessment 2 passed? Did it take long to get an offer of employment from when you were reassigned? Thanks for your help :)

LS.CYMRU

Yes I think the new application just followed on from the old one, then the old one terminated.

I think the offer came after about 2 weeks if I remember correctly. But my start date took a couple of months (that might just be me though)

No worries!

carbers255

I have been offered a job at Shrewsbury aidduz. I had no idea there were 2 posts or that only 3 got to interview. I really hope you get the second then. Its taken over 12 months for me to get an offer. Good luck and I hope to see you soon. I've only ever had app unsuccessful in past so I'm sure your status is a good omen.

aidduz

Well done carbers255 that's great. Yes I hope so I might be clutching at straws but it sounds like possibly 2 jobs available there now. I hope to see you too fingers crossed and good luck for the future if I don't :)

eriks

If they have a job advert in the website it has one IRC even if there are multiple roles. Once they work out who they are going to offer to, they create more IRCs and move candidates over.

aidduz

I see, thanks eriks that's good to know, I will wait in anticipation and hope.

LimeStSte

Just to echo what's already been said, my first role with NR became a new IRC and my irecruitment shows me as being unsuccessful for the first vacancy but successful for the new IRC for the same role.

aidduz

Thanks LimeStSte. Did your status also say APPLICATION REASSIGNED TO NEW VACANCY? Thanks for your input much appreciated!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I received my formal offer today so I'm really chuffed! Thanks for all of your help and input, much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.