• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Online railway magazines?

Which online magazines do you read?

• Railway Herald

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • RailTalk

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • I don't read any

Votes: 11 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dai.

Established Member
I've never really seen any of them before but read through both of the latest issues and think railway herald has to be the best.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
I prefer paper magazines; can read bits of them in the odd quiet 5 minutes and besides, the computer chews up too much of my time as it is!:lol:

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Generally, I don't read any, although opened both in new tabs to have a read. Shall comment later :)

EDIT: Read them quickly now, both seem quite good, even if RailTalk was full of photos from months ago! Liked The Railway Herald more out of the two, but still prefer just using forums and paper magazines for a good read.

Last edited:

thefab444

Established Member
Railway Herald is the more professional of the two, and I have been known to read it occassionally. Aside from the few regular feature articles, RailTalk tends to be almost completely photographic, mostly photographs I can look at on people's Fotopic sites! The other thing that annoys me about RailTalk is its use of Calibri, which is seemingly becoming the new Comic Sans.

Status
Not open for further replies.