• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Pacer cab under Manchester Victoria

Status
Not open for further replies.

plannerman

Hi

Whether you agree with the practice or not, I find Urban Exploration websites very interesting. Anyway, one site has got recent photos from the space under Manchester Victoria station. In one area is a 142 cab (just the very front, the yellow bit). Does anyone know anything about it? Is it a training mockup? It seems to be a strange place to put it. It does have a fleetnumber, though I can't make it out.

thanks

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lampshade

Established Member
It's 142059, crashed into the buffers at Lime Street, not sure where I read it though.

EDIT: More info here and here

Last edited by a moderator:

plannerman

Aha, thanks chaps, that's definitely the one. I thought it may have been an old mock-up from when they were built or something. Wonder if it'll ever see the light of day again.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
How long ago? Saw them a few years back, parked up on blocks at the Thorpe's Bridge Junction end of the depot, just inside the fence, adjacent to the Oldham loop and this was several years after the crash.

driver9000

Established Member
I'm not sure of the exact date, but I've been going to Newton Heath for a number of years and have been right round the depot and there is no sign anywhere of 059s remains. I would guess they were scrapped around 10 years or so ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.