• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Peckham Rye power problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

bicbasher

Established Member
The station was part closed for a time on Wednesday as it appears nearby contractors cut into the electric cable which took out the lighting, TVM's and CIS.

Emergency lighting was installed which allowed the Southern/LOROL platforms and corridors to re-open, although I'm not sure when the Southeastern/TL platforms re-opened.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

user15681

Established Member
SE/TL platforms reopened around 20:15 yesterday.

More problems this morning, but given that it's daylight and that platform despatch staff are now at the station (because no monitors), trains can call.

W230

Established Member
No one told me/us it was closed. I stopped there as usual on the SE/TL side in the afternoon and as far as i'm aware so did other drivers. Monitors were out so it was a slow despatch process though.

physics34

Established Member
was given a not to stop order at tulse hill, to not stop at Peckham Rye on one of my services today due to no power (hence no DOO monitors) but later in the moring they managed to get enough staff there to dispatched the trains, so i stopped there on my second trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.