• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

PERTIS Exchange journey on Greater Anglia then LUL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Hi All,

I'm considering starting a journey at Angel Road tomorrow morning, this station I believe only has a Permit to Travel machine. If I put in money towards a 1-6 travelcard and then change at Stratford for a LUL service into central London, do I have to exchange the PERTIS at Stratford or can I use this on LUL within the two hours and exchange it at the first available opportunity without delaying my journey (most probably Bank LUL ticket office)?

What would the situation be if I were to change to DLR at Stratford?

TP

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Have you asked Greater Anglia what they would like passengers to do?

Some TOCs have told people to buy at the first opportunity rather than do an exchange (eg SWT - they refused a passenger an exchange, told him to buy a new ticket, and he had to wait weeks for a refund, and said next time just pay at the interchange/destination!).

And I bet you can't do such an exchange on LU! I also suspect LU would say (rightly or wrongly) that they are a separate system and therefore you should have exchanged it at Stratford.

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
I've just done some searching and found a thread from earlier this year, that most surprisingly also presents a situation involving a PERTIS, LUL and Angel Road; this case in a hypothetical situation.

A Pertis coupon within time is an acceptable method of payment at Underground ticket offices, or acceptable for travel on the Underground until you get to a booking office/member of staff at which you can make payment.

Is this still the case?

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
TFL Customer Services have said pretty much what yorkie has indicated in the last sentence of his post.

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I believe that TfL customer services are wrong

If you need official documentation, tell the ticket office clerk to look in section 10.4 of the London Underground Ticket office operations Book 5. I've attached the relevant pages to this post

Attachments

• lu-ptt.pdf
    612.5 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Thankyou, that implies acceptance to travel, however is there anything official to say that they are accepted as a permit to travel on LUL during their validity?

Status
Not open for further replies.