• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

PLUS Bus Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

button_boxer

Established Member
I never knew they existed as seasons!

They don't do seasons in every area, e.g. West Midlands only has day tickets, not seasons, Sheffield has had day tickets for years but only got seasons some time last summer (they came in about a fortnight after the one week when I could really have done with one...).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dvboy

Established Member
They don't do seasons in every area, e.g. West Midlands only has day tickets, not seasons, Sheffield has had day tickets for years but only got seasons some time last summer (they came in about a fortnight after the one week when I could really have done with one...).

I assume PlusBus Seasons don't exist here because of nNetwork out of county add-ons.

mullin

barrykas said:
6) Railcard discounts are available on day tickets for holders of 16-25, Disabled, Family & Friends, HM Forces, Network (and Gold Card) and Senior Railcards, subject to any restrictions on use at peak times. Minimum fares DO NOT apply.
Got told I couldn't buy a 16/25 railcard discounted plusbus in Wigan (for Windermere) a couple of weeks ago as it was before 10am, wasn't worth arguing over as they flatly refused to sell it despite me saying there are no restrictions on it.
There's a pdf somewhere on the plusbus website (don't have a link as I'm on my phone) that discusses restriction times for railcards. That's now saved on my phone for future reference :)

infobleep

Veteran Member
In some places Plus Bus can actually be more expensive than bus travel cards bought locally.

Take Oxford for example, a bus travel card is valid for 24 hours, whee as a PlusBus is only valid until 4.29am. So if you are going to Oxford on a Saturday and leaving on a Sunday and require buses on both days, it is cheaper to buy a ticket from the bus driver than with your rail ticket, providing you complete your travel within 24 hours of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.