• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Printer didn’t print return ticket for 2-part return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Schofield

So I got a ticket from one of the machines at Manchester Piccadilly and the machine only printed one part from a 2 part return to Blackpool which was £19.10. I then had to pay £17.80 for a single from Blackpool. Does anybody have any advice to try and get my money back or something?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
Did you buy the ticket at the machine or did you merely pick it up there?

Do you have any evidence of your purchase (e.g. order confirmation if you ordered online, or bank/card statement), or did you use cash?

Did you ask station staff for advice? If so, what did they suggest?

PermitToTravel

Established Member
I had this once at Levenshulme station. The man at the ticket office had no clue. Northern customer services argued with me back and forth for a month or so, before sending me a Rail Travel Voucher for the value of the additional ticket I had to buy "as a gesture of goodwill". Scum.

whhistle

On Moderation
Northern customer services argued with me back and forth for a month or so, before sending me a Rail Travel Voucher for the value of the additional ticket I had to buy "as a gesture of goodwill". Scum.
You must understand though, how many stories are there like this, when it was actually the persons fault?
If people didn't lie, we'd all be able to say things and be believed. Unfortunately, there are many in society that will lie and thus train companies need to see evidence.
You must also remember the words "gesture of goodwill" are there to protect them from liability. Yes, there are some who will go to court for some sort of defamation claim if it looks like the train company has simply given compensation, as that looks like they're accepting liability for what went wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.