• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

PRIV Leisure ticket refunds (future travel)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarJan

Hi all,

I have quite a lot of priv tickets for Future travel, but due to cancelled events, the tickets aren’t needed,

as it’s priv rate can I still get refunds at my local London terminal even though the majority of them weren’t bought at that particular station ticket office. RDG state only residential but that’s via them, what about directly at the TO, I can’t travel hours to refund it as it’s pointless , will any TO accept the refund request for priv tickets

thanks in advance

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RJ

Established Member
Hi all,

I have quite a lot of priv tickets for Future travel, but due to cancelled events, the tickets aren’t needed,

as it’s priv rate can I still get refunds at my local London terminal even though the majority of them weren’t bought at that particular station ticket office. RDG state only residential but that’s via them, what about directly at the TO, I can’t travel hours to refund it as it’s pointless , will any TO accept the refund request for priv tickets

thanks in advance

Standard refund rules apply including the £10 admin fee. To ease the process you should return to a ticket office run by whichever TOC you bought the tickets from.

Saperstein

Re: £10 admin fee.

As suggested by someone in another thread following a question about changing tickets your best bet may be to wait for a bit (obviously depending on how far in the future your tickets are dated) and see if the rules are relaxed in the wake of the Coronavirus crisis.

philthetube

Established Member
I am not sure why you would bother buying in advance, maybe there is something to learn there for the future?

WarJan

I am not sure why you would bother buying in advance, maybe there is something to learn there for the future?

I know seem silly to do that when you can buy them on the day, I wanted to just organize myself where possible all, end of feb everything seemed ok, how in 2 weeks it’s all changed

Re: £10 admin fee.

As suggested by someone in another thread following a question about changing tickets your best bet may be to wait for a bit (obviously depending on how far in the future your tickets are dated) and see if the rules are relaxed in the wake of the Coronavirus crisis.

I thought about that , I mean it’s only £15 of tickets so still have saved nearly £50 ,

I’ll cut my losses I think.

scrapy

Established Member
Problem with Priv tickets is that they can't be bought online or at machines which often means an unpredictable wait at a ticket office. Sometimes it's possible to arrive 20-30 minutes early to do this but not always. I almost missed a ferry because of only one window being open at a major station and me being unable to buy a ticket despite being there 20 minutes early. In the end I had to buy a full price ticket for one stop from the machine just to get through the barriers and then sought out the guard to buy my ticket from there.

I generally buy in advance if I am time restricted now. (Although only a few days in advance).

Status
Not open for further replies.