• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Priv NR Only - card registration issue

hexabyte

Hi All,

I have an oyster card registered online. When I got to the machines it says it’s not registered. I have a Rail Staff Leisure Card which will give me the “Priv NR Only” discount on the oyster. I have phoned TfL multiple times to be given excuses and they reset the card security questions and tell me to wait 48hrs to find it still isn’t showing as registered. I have been to Illford and Romford who tell me they can’t register the card with the discount and to phone TfL who put the blames on the stations.

I went to Finchley Road underground today for an unrelated oyster issue and asked the gateline member about the registration issue. She showed me it had to be done at the station on the machines and not online. She had the option to set the discount and register at the same time, which is what she said had to be done.I asked her not to set it as I didn’t want to get her in trouble as I know underground stations should not set these.

My question is has anyone been in a similar situation and most importantly, why would the stations refuse to get up of their chairs to try and register the card? Has anyone managed to set the discount and at which stations did it work for you guys?

Thank you :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CyrusWuff

Established Member
My question is has anyone been in a similar situation and most importantly, why would the stations refuse to get up of their chairs to try and register the card? Has anyone managed to set the discount and at which stations did it work for you guys?

Thank you :)
Online registration to protect the card in case it gets lost or stolen is separate from having the registration marker set on the card so a discount or Monthly or longer Travelcard can be added.

Any Tube station should be able to do the latter through the staff screens on the ticket machines, but only selected Elizabeth Line stations are allowed to add the Priv NR Only discount.

hexabyte

Online registration to protect the card in case it gets lost or stolen is separate from having the registration marker set on the card so a discount or Monthly or longer Travelcard can be added.

Any Tube station should be able to do the latter through the staff screens on the ticket machines, but only selected Elizabeth Line stations are allowed to add the Priv NR Only discount.
that makes sense and that’s what I thought. i just don’t understand why the staff at the elizabeth line stations didn’t explain this. They said to register it online and they couldn’t do it at the stations, though i think they didn’t want to leave the office.