• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Prosecution - south eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilovetrains123

Without going into detail, I was caught trying to evade paying full fare back in mid November.

I got a letter shortly after, asking me to confirm name, address etc and details, which I replied to very honestly and apologetically.

I have heard nothing since, roughly 3 months down the line. Is there a time frame on this whereby they need to follow up?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Fawkes Cat

Established Member
Welcome to the forum.

The railway have six months from the date of the incident to take the matter to the magistrate's court - and the court then have a little bit of time (say, a month) to let you know when the case is going to be heard.

So essentially you need to wait until mid May before you can be certain whether the railway will take action against you or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.