• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Pts card and sponsorship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taehopkins

Hi everyone, just looking for some information on how to get the card and sponsorship. Are any companies offering sponsorship with the training etc. Been searching and calling as many people as I can and I'm not really getting anywhere with it.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

carbers255

They kinda go hand-in-hand with one another. Depends where you live. Search contracting companies and send e-mails. Some will take without experience but you might have to fund your own PTS. Good luck

JohnFM

As carbers says the PTS card usually goes hand in hand with employment.

Companies do sometimes sponsor people as then they could call you for casual work, knowing you had the PTS card, but have not heard of anyone going that route for years but that is usually because an individuals qualifications makes then useful.

Just trying to get a PTS card for future use, prior to being qualified, isn't really going to work as there would be quite a few questions as to why you want it without any qualifications to back up the desire to get trackside.

Taehopkins

Thanks for your replies, I live in Cardiff and am exhausting everywhere around here with emails and correspondence. Am I right in thinking then that I can't simply pay to so the course and get the card?

carbers255

You can pay BUT you cannot work unless you have a sponsor. Its a risk but most companies will want PTS as standard. Also research track induction and Network Rail requirements of any potential contractor before they can go on track. There's more than just PTS to consider. If you have an engineering background then keep applying to Network Rail. Be warned that the process is long and drawn out but definitely worth it if you can secure a role. I'm sure many others will advise better than me too. Good luck

JohnFM

Thanks for your replies, I live in Cardiff and am exhausting everywhere around here with emails and correspondence. Am I right in thinking then that I can't simply pay to so the course and get the card?

The main question is why are you so determined to obtain a PTS card?

Stuart-h

I 'd try phoneing agenceys as well. Fairly sure Coyles (who sponcer me) have an office in Cardiff.

Status
Not open for further replies.