• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Question about closing dates

Status
Not open for further replies.

martin2345uk

Established Member
If the closing date is listed on NR's jobs site as 21/11/16 does that mean you can actually apply on 21/11/16 and it closes at like 23:59..?

Reason I'm asking is there's a signaller role I would like to apply that closes 21/11 for but the jobs site is down since Thursday or Friday, with the message

The Network Rail jobs site is unavailable until 08.00 on Monday 21st November, while we carry out a planned upgrade to our systems.

At this time, you will not be able to apply for vacancies or register on our site.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused, please try again later.

Just hoping I will be able to apply once it's back up and running...!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mac

It will have been on the site for maybe 3 weeks why have you left it until the last day

pdeaves

Established Member
If the closing date is listed on NR's jobs site as 21/11/16 does that mean you can actually apply on 21/11/16 and it closes at like 23:59..?

Yes, applications received on the closing date itself will be accepted.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
It will have been on the site for maybe 3 weeks why have you left it until the last day

Possibly martin2345uk has only just seen it/been referred to it

martin2345uk

Established Member
Cheers mate, I did think that was probably the case but nice to have someone confirm :)

And yes. I should have seen it earlier, obviously. But I wasn't actively looking. Hey ho.

martin2345uk

Established Member
The jobs site is now back up and running, so get it filled in!

Thanks! I have been checking; for some reason it still does not work using Safari, but works fine using Chrome! Heads-up much appreciated :D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.