• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Quick question re the TEA OCC tones test for Driver assessments

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandub

I've been reading around on here but I'm unclear about the final part of the counting tones test for Driver assessments.

Does anyone know if this is just counting all tones you hear while at the same time marking down the pairs of symbols.
Or is it counting the floors you are travelling in a lift while marking down the pairs of symbols (i.e - having to count high & low tones to work out which floor an imaginary lift has moved to).

Some threads on here have said it's just counting tones and they are all the same (no high and low tones).
Others have referred to counting high and low tones in the lift which obviously is more difficult.
Just wondering which to practice if anyone knows.

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sfxdude

From what I remember:

There are three subtests. The first is counting high and low tones, ignoring either the highs or low to find out floors. The second is finding symbols in a book. The third is finding symbols in a book while counting tones, no highs or lows this time, just numbers of tones. The lift idea is just pretense, it's basically just a tone/symbol counting exercise.

If there's any more questions fire away!

Status
Not open for further replies.