• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

"Rail Links" Manual (Shipping Links etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRX

Established Member
I have various parts of "RL99" in PDF format but I'm assuming these are now out of date.

Can anyone tell me what the latest edition of this is, and is it available in PDF? Or is it all part of that Fares Manual CD-ROM thing now?

(What I'm wanting to know at the moment is whether the London-Calais through tickets still exist, but it would be useful to have the whole thing for future reference.)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

First class

Established Member
I have various parts of "RL99" in PDF format but I'm assuming these are now out of date.

Can anyone tell me what the latest edition of this is, and is it available in PDF? Or is it all part of that Fares Manual CD-ROM thing now?

(What I'm wanting to know at the moment is whether the London-Calais through tickets still exist, but it would be useful to have the whole thing for future reference.)

Yes,

SDR - ANYTIME DAY R SET
00850 - STENA P&O

1 Adult @£ 25.00 = £ 25.00

Standard Class Return

BRX

Established Member
Yes,

SDR - ANYTIME DAY R SET
00850 - STENA P&O

1 Adult @£ 25.00 = £ 25.00

Standard Class Return

Ah, thanks.

Is there only a day return? (ie. no single or 1-month return?)

(And if so does anyone know whether you can purchase something similar in Calais, coming in the other direction?)

First class

Established Member
That is the only ticket available.

Don't know of anything in the opposite direction.

BRX

Established Member
Is it possible to buy a day return before the day it's valid? In other words, could I buy a day return for a date in the future and then just use the return portion of it to travel from calais back to london?

First class

Established Member
You can buy the ticket up to 3months in advance. I think reservations are likely to be compulsory too.

Therefore you should buy your ticket in advance as much as possible.

You must travel out- and return on the same day.

BUT- you could buy two day return tickets for different dates:

e.g.

TICKET 1 - LONDON-CALAIS ANYTIME DAY RTN 12/03/2009 (USE FOR GOING OUT)
TICKET 2 - LONDON-CALAIS ANYTIME DAY RTN 15/03/2009 (USE FOR RETURN)

You have to pay twice... but YES, you can buy both tickets in ADVANCE.

Status
Not open for further replies.