• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Railcard photo suitability

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomask

Hi all,

I'm making a journey tomorrow and need to purchase a 16-25 railcard before my journey at the station. I don't have a passport photo and will be making my journey early in the morning so it is impossible for me to get one before then so I was planning on taking a passport style photo myself and printing it at home. I don't have a photo paper, so the photo will just be printed on normal paper. Would this be accepted as the photo for my railcard if all the usual rules regarding background, etc. were adhered to?

Thanks in advance

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I got my 16-25 online and my photo was accepted despite the white/grey wallpaper clearly being visible in the background!

Common sense will most likely prevail and the staff will hopefully issue it no problem. A word of advice though, if you're getting the Railcard issued in the morning rush hour it may be best to give them advance notice.

Ps, welcome to the forum :)

Last edited:

island

Veteran Member
As long as you can be identified from the photo it should be fine.

Bear in mind that a number of TOCs do not issue Railcards before 1000 on weekdays.

Status
Not open for further replies.