• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Recovering deleted photos from an SD card after formatting

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
Hi there

I have come back from a brilliant London trip and met Trainboy98 whilst down there and I took loads and I mean loads of photos of trains, buses and other transport. I also went to Hatton cross and took loads of pictures there of buses and aircraft including the 380.

I arrive at home and I put the SD card in and it required formatting which I know wipes it clean. I found a data recovery program online and scanned it and its found all my pictures and breathed a sigh of relief until I clicked recover and it told me I had to pay 33 quid to recover them. My bank account is drained after my London trip and parents wont do it.

So my question is, does anybody know of any other way, program or software that is free and can recover my photos? It would also be helpful if anybody who had suffered the same problem could tell me how they recovered their pics.

Thanks in advance :D
Alex

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ryan125hst

Established Member
Why did the SD card require formatting?

I remember going to London with my family in 2008 for a few nights. We went down on the train and stayed in a hotel close to Victoria station. We had a fantastic few days: It was very hot and we went on the London Eye, went to London Zoo and the Tower of London.

On the last day, we went to the London Transport Musuem. I took a photo of one of the buses, but it was blurry and I pressed delete. To my horror, it then displayed "No image/sound". On my camera, when you press the delete button twice, it brings up a delete all option. I had done this without realising and had accepted the "are you sure" message without looking at the screen (I was on autopilot!).

I was devistated. All my photographs from a good few days away had gone. Fortunatly, my Uncle has some recovery software, so I was able to get most of them back (I lost some of them as I stupidly transfered my Dad's photos onto my SD card when I got home so I could take the photos to show my Grandparents.)

I can't help you with the software, but I know it's possible to get them back. Hopefully this story has made you feel a bit better!

As an additional note, I lost an SD card full of photographs in Disneyland the following year. :(

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
Use "Recuva" - it works and it's free.

http://www.piriform.com/recuva

Oh, and remember to recover the deleted files to different media (like the hard drive). Don't try to recover them to the SD card on which they are located.

Thanks, have you personally used and downloaded this software? Its just im a little wary downloading things I dont know too much about, hence me asking. Thanks for the reply though :)

Zoidberg

Established Member
Thanks, have you personally used and downloaded this software? Its just im a little wary downloading things I dont know too much about, hence me asking. Thanks for the reply though :)

Yes, I've downloaded and have successfully used the software a number of times over a good few years. I also use another of Pririform's free offerings, ccleaner, available at:

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Piriform is a bona fide provider of very useful and free utilities - http://www.piriform.com/about

The results of a quick GOOGLE should allay any fears you have about downloading and using the software.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

Hi ATWalex101

Would you care to let us know how you've got on recovering your digital photographs?

Last edited:

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
Yes, I've downloaded and have successfully used the software a number of times over a good few years. I also use another of Pririform's free offerings, ccleaner, available at:

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Piriform is a bona fide provider of very useful and free utilities - http://www.piriform.com/about

The results of a quick GOOGLE should allay any fears you have about downloading and using the software.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

Hi ATWalex101

Would you care to let us know how you've got on recovering your digital photographs?

Hi,

Im so sorry for not getting back, I completely forgot about this thread and just checked it, I downloaded the software anyway because I wanted to get my pictures back so bad and hey presto, it worked and I managed to get all my pics back, thanks so much !!! If this forum had a credits function I'd give you tons! Honestly I cant thank you enough!

Zoidberg

Established Member
Hi,

Im so sorry for not getting back, I completely forgot about this thread and just checked it, I downloaded the software anyway because I wanted to get my pictures back so bad and hey presto, it worked and I managed to get all my pics back, thanks so much !!! If this forum had a credits function I'd give you tons! Honestly I cant thank you enough!

I'm pleased that the program helped you to get back your pics - I have used it to save myself and some friends some grief over the years.

And, you're welcome. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.