• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Responses to Covid-19 and to Environmental Destruction

Status
Not open for further replies.

takno

Established Member
Why do you think that?
I’d have thought that couples spending more time together than normal due to lockdown could lead to a possible mini boom in a years time than the opposite?
Obviously there are examples of that happening in the past. I suspect that decent availability of contraception will make it less likely now. Besides Netflix doesn't watch itself, and DIY stores are open - there's a whole world more excuses to not get round to any such nonsense.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Obviously there are examples of that happening in the past. I suspect that decent availability of contraception will make it less likely now. Besides Netflix doesn't watch itself, and DIY stores are open - there's a whole world more excuses to not get round to any such nonsense.
:lol: I think my mind needs a wash out with soap and water (and sanitizer).

GRALISTAIR

Established Member
It is the short term nature of the virus that casues Politicians to act. In really really crude terms (and I am sorry for that but it is the only way to express it), they don't want the bodies stacking up on their watch. With climate change the bodies will be stacking up on someone else's watch way in to the future. With this they are stacking up today.
Sums it up nicely- I have never known politicians to think long term. In the west anyway, they are definitely short term thinking people.

squizzler

Established Member
Why do you think that?
I’d have thought that couples spending more time together than normal due to lockdown could lead to a possible mini boom in a years time than the opposite?
I read somewhere that a survey found almost two thirds of the adult population have not had sex with another person since the start of so-called lockdown.

The decision to start a family is for most people nowadays a choice and depends on the amount of confidence the population has in the future. For example if you look at Russia it has suffered population loss and low birth rates since the Soviet Union collapsed. That is why the virus is affecting them disproportionately: it is effectively a continent sized old folks home.

geoffk

Established Member
Why do you think that?
But fewer new couples will have been getting together!

Status
Not open for further replies.