• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Seat reserfvations on Avanti

Status
Not open for further replies.

erk

For my last two journeys on Avanti, between London and Machester and using off-peak returns (route Any Permitted), I have been issued with seat reservations which state "No specific seat reserved". Have Avanit abandoned seat reservations generally, or just on some trains? These journeys were out on Friday afternoon, back on Monday morning.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

HarryF

I’m not too familiar with Avanti, but I know LNER can “reserve” a limited number of counted place reservations (ie you have reserved a space on this train not a specific seat) once a train is fully reserved. Is it possible Avanti can do the same?

SnakeFighter

I've been grappling with the same thing. Tried a few times to book a seat for a journey on Friday, return 7 days later, no seat picker offered, no seat reserved. Same for a journey I'm looking at on the 29th. Seems that Advance tickets still offer a seat reservation, though.

What a pain.

Just a quick update- the Avanti twitter team reserved a seat for me (they asked me to DM an image of the ticket, and booked the seat I requested). So that's nice. Not sure why this issue is happening in the first place, though.

Last edited:

Trackman

Established Member
I've been grappling with the same thing. Tried a few times to book a seat for a journey on Friday, return 7 days later, no seat picker offered, no seat reserved. Same for a journey I'm looking at on the 29th. Seems that Advance tickets still offer a seat reservation, though.

What a pain.

Just a quick update- the Avanti twitter team reserved a seat for me (they asked me to DM an image of the ticket, and booked the seat I requested). So that's nice. Not sure why this issue is happening in the first place, though.
I guess they didn’t say why it wasn't working?

Status
Not open for further replies.