• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Sim City 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

I used to all of the time until Cities Skylines came along and eclipsed it for me.

But it held top spot in my heart for city building games for many many years. It was when Sim City peaked in my opinion.

Trackman

Established Member
I used to build vast complicated subway networks!
Can you still do this on the 'current version' whatever that it?
First played it on the Amiga, before going over to the PC version.
It's made me think about 'Theme Park' and 'Theme Hospital' which the latter has had a recent rebook (recent, well about 4 years ago)

gswindale

SimCity 2000 was my introduction - I remember when it was released as an (almost) teenager getting my Dad to ring up the local computer games stores to see if they had it in stock and then going to get it! I then moved on to 3000 and subsequently 4.

I always on the earlier versions insisted on having my airports on a plateau above the city and then filled the slopes up with hydro power stations apart from the link roads to the main city.

I did try the demo of the rebooted version a couple of years ago, but wasn't really impressed as they'd taken away the classic "freeplay" gameplay option as far as I could make out.

PTR 444

Established Member
I used to play it until around 2013 when I got the new SimCity. Unfortunately the laggy gameplay let me down and eventually led to my decision to abandon the SimCity franchise, opting for Cities: Skylines instead. Haven’t looked back since.

The U-Drive-It mode on SC4 was really cool though :D

Status
Not open for further replies.