• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

So.... had the interview today....

Status
Not open for further replies.
XC RSM or First Class Host position...

Got to interview with 2 others.... I have 28 days notice to give to my current employer should I be successful.

If indeed I strike gold, when would be the best time to give my notice? I don't want to give notice and then find there's a delay etc, or is the start date they give rock solid, including time for medical etc?

Don't want to run in with my resignation letter to find out there's any delays

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Thomas choo

XC RSM or First Class Host position...

Got to interview with 2 others.... I have 28 days notice to give to my current employer should I be successful.

If indeed I strike gold, when would be the best time to give my notice? I don't want to give notice and then find there's a delay etc, or is the start date they give rock solid, including time for medical etc?

Don't want to run in with my resignation letter to find out there's any delays

Personally I wouldn't hand my notice in until I have that contract in my hands saying job offer and a start date in writing. Do you currently get on well with your boss and does he/her even know what your plans are? If so then there wouldn't be a problem just explaining it to him/her at least way you can both help each other out if that makes sense.

Hope you get the good news you're after!!

Thanks Thomas!

I get on really well with my boss however no-one at work knows my plans, not even my friends. The only people that know are my wife and my in-laws. I don't want to get ahead of myself in that regard.

To be fair, if I need to shorten my notice they would accommodate. They sometimes will let people go with less than 7 days notice. I just want to do the right thing and serve my contractual notice properly if that makes sense.

Thomas choo

Thanks Thomas!

I get on really well with my boss however no-one at work knows my plans, not even my friends. The only people that know are my wife and my in-laws. I don't want to get ahead of myself in that regard.

To be fair, if I need to shorten my notice they would accommodate. They sometimes will let people go with less than 7 days notice. I just want to do the right thing and serve my contractual notice properly if that makes sense.

Well in that case keep going as you are and play it by ear.
When you get the phone call saying you've passed then you could ask these questions to whom ever you speak to, I'm sure they will get all the paperwork out to you in time so you can give the correct notice period, otherwise why would they ask the question?

I'm in a similar situation as you, I've passed the interview for a Driver role but awaiting medical date and start date. I would just love to be able to hand my notice in so I can move on to a better career and get stuck in.

Status
Not open for further replies.