• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Soliciting opinions from train drivers for research

Status
Not open for further replies.

RailSafetyPGR

Moderator note: we have given permission for this to be posted.

Hey,

I'm a postgraduate researcher at the University of York concerned with railway safety, particularly the definition of safety and the perception of progress within the industry.

As part of my research, I have created a questionnaire that sets up hypothetical railway scenarios and asks how safe you would perceive each one, as well as giving the opportunity to express your opinion on the definition of safety within the space.

However, I am struggling to find participants, I don't particularly want to approach drivers while they are at work, but there isn't a public contact list for drivers either, if anyone on this forum is a driver and would be interested in participating in the questionnaire, please email [email protected]

If anyone could suggest a more appropriate place to find participants, I'd also appreciate that.

Sorry if this isn't the appropriate place to post this and thank you to anyone who does reach out, if you have any questions, please email, and I'll discuss there or reply to this thread!

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.