• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Some confusion over tickets this week - London Thameslink valid to Farringdon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

al78

Established Member
Twice a week I purchase split tickets from Horsham to Farringdon split at Gatwick. This week, when I have bought these tickets from the window at Horsham station, the ticket for the second leg of the journey has been from Gatwick to London Thameslink, not Gatwick to Farringdon despite me clearly stating Farringdon as the intended destination. Does this mean that a ticket purchased to London Thameslink is valid to use up to Farringdon? I haven't tested it on the barriers at Farringdon as I have gone through the assisted gate hoping to ask a member of staff about it (but don't get the chance and they never look at the ticket properly before letting me through), and earlier this week I walked to London Thameslink station to get back just in case the barrier at Farringdon would have rejected it. The cost of the ticket is the same as if Farringdon was the destination.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jfollows

Established Member
See https://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/ticket_types/Travelling-to-london.aspx and, specifically, the section starting "London Thameslink". Your ticket is valid to Farringdon.
1684399537401.png

London Thameslink​

Tickets with an origin/destination of 'London Thameslink' are valid to/from the following stations:

StationStations on the Bedford LineStations on the Arun Valley, Brighton Mainline, East/West Coastway and Oxted LinesStations on the Peterborough/Cambridge Lines
St Pancras InternationalYESYESYES
FarringdonYESYESYES
City ThameslinkYESYESYES
London BlackfriarsYESYESYES
London BridgeYESYESYES
Elephant & CastleYESYESYES
Kentish TownYESNONO
London EustonYES (via Bletchley only)NONO

Status
Not open for further replies.