• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

South-West railway jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnthonyRail

Established Member
I would love to work on the railways but there never seems to be any careers in the South-West unless for drivers which im not qualified for.

anyone know where else to look other than GWR website??

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
I would love to work on the railways but there never seems to be any careers in the South-West unless for drivers which im not qualified for.

anyone know where else to look other than GWR website??

GWR, CrossCountry, South West Trains, Network Rail...

godfreycomplex

Established Member
South West is a tad vague; in the nicest possible way
GWR and NWR employ all over the West Country; South West Trains in Dorset/Wiltshire/East Devon; XC have bases in Bristol and Plymouth with a variety of roles.
Rail Gourmet also have a presence in the South West (Axminster?); if you're prepared to sell and work for peanuts.
There's plenty out there; keep trying the websites of the companies above and something will turn up. The rail industry at large doesn't advertise as much as say supermarkets or retail shops as the staff turnover is a lot lower
Something'll turn up :)

irish_rail

Established Member
Can be a bit of a closed shop, jobs kept in the family, given to mates etc, a lot like Ireland lol!

blackfrost

Been checking on the South West trains job site for awhile and there seems to be a lot of vacancies for Guards at various depots with Commercial Guard vacancies popping up now and again (which seem to be the highest paid for this role in the country?).
Also don't be put off by location of the job! If you're flexible (like me) and can relocate easily I'd apply! I live in Sussex applied for a Train Manager role with Chiltern Railways...in Birmingham...and got invited to an assessment centre! Which took place at 9am BTW! I failed that but subsequently applied for a Train Manager role with Cross Country...in Bournemouth! Again, I was invited to the assessment centre but turned it down. So yeah apply away!

Status
Not open for further replies.