• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southeastern Trainee Driver - Victoria

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CaseyJones

I don't meet the criteria of living within 5 miles but might apply anyway. Is the rule that rigid? Some TOCs have a one hour rule some 5 miles, not too sure how strict they are?

godfreycomplex

Established Member
5 miles of Victoria station? Who do they expect to apply; Roman Abramovich?
Having said that as a bored lever puller I am a tad curious
Could a kind soul furnish us with the routes and traction please?

Last edited:

blackfrost

I'd still apply even if you don't live within a 5 mile radius! I live in Brighton but this year I applied for a Train Manager position with Chiltern up in Birmingham and the same position with Cross Country in Bournemouth - I was invited to assessments for both roles! But yeah to stay on the safe side I'd borrow an address??????

OneTrackMind

I'd still apply even if you don't live within a 5 mile radius! I live in Brighton but this year I applied for a Train Manager position with Chiltern up in Birmingham and the same position with Cross Country in Bournemouth - I was invited to assessments for both roles! But yeah to stay on the safe side I'd borrow an address��

But most importantly, did you get either of the jobs and have to relocate? :)

bagazon

Sent an application as well ..., although in a phone call HR told me that the rule is very strict ...

SheikG

Thanks for the heads up on the vacancy. Does anybody have further information on the different stages involved with the application process with South Eastern?

Thanks

Need2

Thanks for the heads up on the vacancy. Does anybody have further information on the different stages involved with the application process with South Eastern?

Thanks

Apply - Fail/succeed
Succeed - Attend assessment, If successful MMI same day.
Successful - DMI at later stage.

All can take months!

SheikG

Apply - Fail/succeed
Succeed - Attend assessment, If successful MMI same day.
Successful - DMI at later stage.

All can take months!

All assessments and MMI on the same day? Ive completed the folowing assessments with another TOC with enhanced scoring;

The Trainability for Rules and Procedures Test Part 1 and 2
The Group Bourdon Concentration Test
The Driver Fault Finding Test (DFFT)
The Test of Everyday Attention for Occupational Assessment (TEA-Occ)
The WAFV vigilance test
The ATAVT Perception Test
The 2Hand Co-ordination Test
Multi Modal Interview

Does that cover all the assessments with Southeastern or do you know if they have any others I may have to sit?

Thanks for helping!

Need2

All assessments and MMI on the same day? Ive completed the folowing assessments with another TOC with enhanced scoring;

The Trainability for Rules and Procedures Test Part 1 and 2
The Group Bourdon Concentration Test
The Driver Fault Finding Test (DFFT)
The Test of Everyday Attention for Occupational Assessment (TEA-Occ)
The WAFV vigilance test
The ATAVT Perception Test
The 2Hand Co-ordination Test
Multi Modal Interview

Does that cover all the assessments with Southeastern or do you know if they have any others I may have to sit?

Thanks for help

As bad as my memory is, yes!
Did my testing in Feb 2015 at Southeastern in Tonbridge. Passed all tests and sat mmi late afternoon.
If you apply and are successful in the paper sift then in theory you should be able to go straight in at the DMI stage.

SheikG

As bad as my memory is, yes!
Did my testing in Feb 2015 at Southeastern in Tonbridge. Passed all tests and sat mmi late afternoon.
If you apply and are successful in the paper sift then in theory you should be able to go straight in at the DMI stage.

Lovely! thanks for the swift response
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Hi all,

I just noticed on the application that the reference for this position is 'For Future Opportunities'.. was just wondering if that means successful applicants are likely to be placed in a talent pool?

Lrd

Established Member
Got turned down for this as I don't live within or around Victoria depot. I live 8 miles away in a straight line according to Google Maps.

miyagi

Recently did my assessments and dmi with south eastern for Victoria future opportunities this process went by quite quickly between (October to December).. subject my passing of medical I have already been given a start date. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.