• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

st pancras

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Yes it does, No you dont need to sign in but its best to ask when you get there depending on how long your thinking of staying, just ask when you get there and theyll tell you.

Its a good place to get shots its a nice station and you get the 395`s 222`s 373`s and la good ol` HST`s

alexdodds

Infact as with all London stations it is best to inform staff first. At St Pancras you will only be allowed onto the EMT, SE and FCC platforms.

Aictos

Established Member
Well St Pancras today was nothing short of a Carry On film, with staff not knowing anything!

I had time to spare at Kings Cross waiting for my East Coast service so thought I nip across the road to St Pancras for a quick photo of the FCC banner above the FCC gateline, so wearing full uniform I walked across...
Only to ask the first member of staff on the gateline who had no idea so referred me to her colleague on the information point who in turn had no idea and who referred me to a NR staff member who went on about it's not permitted as the area I want to photo was trademarked and I needed to call NR Media Office despite the fact I had walked by a passenger doing exactly the same!

Did get asked why was I so interested in photographing the area above the gateline which just had a FCC banner, tried to explain I and another colleague keep a collection of all railway related photos which are the subject of many a discussion.

Looks like FCC needs to re-educate their staff again as so does NR, granted I coud have gone the whole way and got a visitors badge but when you're only there for a minute and you're just passing though, it's not worth the extra minutes.
Course, if I were to spend longer there then I would of course sign in, to compare the Southern staff at Brighton are nothing decent and never have any issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.