• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach North West Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dallamlad

Established Member
The following B10M's are now back in service at Morecambe:- 20131, 20545, 20546, 20547, 20795, 20896, 20905, 20907. All having been recently repainted, which makes me think that they could be around after the olympics.

I believe they have been painted to make them look more professional and to make it less obvious that the new ones have left. A shiny step entrance turning up looks better then a dirty step entrance.

On the subject of B10s this could actually be their last year in C&NL depending on what comes up here after the Games and what is displaced within the region.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dallamlad

Established Member
Does anybody else think that it's slightly odd that after 4 years on the 555 18357 has suddenly become as reliable as a paper umbrella? I expect it from 17017 but surely 18357 shouldn't be breaking down near on everyday...

jonesy3001

Established Member
New to ME....er i mean barrow, 15818/9 are being legaled up at morecambe going to the golf on sunday in lytham then should go to barrow after the tournament.

CumbrianJosh

Just spotted that Carlisle's 16337 has had its downstairs seats refurbished(well downstairs for now) seeing as the tridents are failing I wonder if they are trying to brighten up the deckers that 'are' working. Also 20133 is on one of the Centre parcs 104 slots.

Last edited:

cainebj

Established Member
16714 has re-entered service with Lillyhall, 18 months after coming off service for a refurb. No photo of it unfortunately, didn't have my camera with me :(

stagecoachuk

Just spotted that Carlisle's 16337 has had its downstairs seats refurbished(well downstairs for now) seeing as the tridents are failing I wonder if they are trying to brighten up the deckers that 'are' working. Also 20133 is on one of the Centre parcs 104 slots.

16337 been done for around 2 weeks now. Looks great.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
What's replacing the MPDs (though they aren't actually MPDs) if 47020 isn't seeing service then?

47016 47021 (Due) 47474 in releases 34214 34219 34221.

1 Solo on 69/80/685 each and 2 on 77/77A. Obviously then we have spare to cover any brakedowns and spare for Town if needed. 47474 will be the spare Buttermere Solo now.

20965 due to land shortly and will find out what the Kendal B10M is that we now have later.
Does anybody else think that it's slightly odd that after 4 years on the 555 18357 has suddenly become as reliable as a paper umbrella? I expect it from 17017 but surely 18357 shouldn't be breaking down near on everyday...

18357 is by far the better of the 2 but it's certainly not as reliable as it should be. 17017 will never change now as it's not worth the price of putting a new gear box in.

During the 6 weeks holiday we are due to have at least 1 of them back in Carlisle on service 61.

Mattdw92

Workington, North West/Newcastle Upon Tyne, North
Diggers were drafted in today as more of CMS Cumberland history bites the dust, as the old workshops in Whitehaven are now finally in the process of being demolished. Submission for demolition work was recently submitted by Copeland Borough Council on safety grounds. The old bus station shouldn't be long...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/68702029@N08/7574971896/in/photostream/

Photos courtesy of sarawakjubilee.

Last edited:

Mattdw92

Workington, North West/Newcastle Upon Tyne, North
Surprised it's took that long to actually get pulled down. At the same time, what's going to replace it, if anything?

Nothing for the moment, there were rumours that the site had been sold to hotel chain Travelodge, but have proved inconclusive. It is a very good sizable site and has been quite an eyesore over the years, especially as one of Whitehaven's 'gateway' entrances.

stagecoachuk

We currently have 52405 at Carlisle while 52414 is getting it's MOT. Generally passes the Crescent around 1pm if anybody wants a photo.

16393 has returned to us from Kendal and is currently sitting inthe shed next to 16329.

47735 is ready for return to Chorley while 16645 is awaiting vinyls and will then be finished too.

16184 is ready for painting while 22809 will be in after that.

20945 has arrived over the weekend from Kendal to help out with the Sainsburys contract. 20128 is under service prep.

34214/20/21 are all now finished in the garage it seem's. 47020 is under service prep and still no sign of 47021 so it might be the case we are actually going to have 47020 unless they swap them around.

34079 is here while 33076 has left, anybody know where too?

mbonwick

Established Member
Shoddy way of pulling the workshops down, but never mind!

What is 16645 getting vinyls for?

And I presume you mean 47335 is waiting for Chorley to collect?

Dallamlad

Established Member
Do you think michael that Reays are losing money, and may, ultimatley, scale back their operations in the city?

Most of Reays vehicles are funded on credit I believe.He also seems to have issues with sticking with a bus type, hopefully he'll stick with E200s but who knows!

Unless you are a major operator it is very hard to go up against Stagecoach. In my opinion it should be done slowly and at a steady pace. For example Travellers Choice are doing okay, don't seem hostile or that ambitious but there is potential for growth there in the future.

Stagecoach has the capacity to simply out spend a competitor. Carlisles citi network is probably due an upgrade soon and once they do that Reays will have nothing on them.

I'm all for competition, drives down prices and gives consumers a choice. The only issues I ever have are with the operators, some of which are a bit dodgy...

stagecoachuk

Do you think michael that Reays are losing money, and may, ultimatley, scale back their operations in the city?

Reays have service improvements coming in the Summer.
60 branded 34681 out on 38.
61 branded 34694 away to LL on 300.
52629 away attending a Megabus brakedown.

Last edited:

KendalKing

Established Member
Unless you are a major operator it is very hard to go up against Stagecoach. In my opinion it should be done slowly and at a steady pace. For example Travellers Choice are doing okay, don't seem hostile or that ambitious but there is potential for growth there in the future.

Stagecoach has the capacity to simply out spend a competitor. I'm all for competition, drives down prices and gives consumers a choice.

All the bus services, which are operated by "the Travellers Choice" are operated under contract to either Cumbria CC or Lancashire CC.

The two ex Parks coaches, which were part off an cancelled Megabus order, that are now owned by Travellers, have been used on the Megabus contract lately.

mbonwick

Established Member
It was my understanding that Plaxton's mucked up on those B12BTs, putting Park's interiors in the Stagecoach ones and vice versa. As they were both to the same spec it was allowed to slide.

cainebj

Established Member
For those interested in Preston Bus, they've released pictures of their first exDemo Streetlite, fresh out of the paintshop, on their Facebook page.

Front/NS
Rear/NS

Solway View

Most of Reays vehicles are funded on credit I believe.He also seems to have issues with sticking with a bus type, hopefully he'll stick with E200s but who knows!

Stagecoach has the capacity to simply out spend a competitor. Carlisles citi network is probably due an upgrade soon and once they do that Reays will have nothing on them.

I'm all for competition, drives down prices and gives consumers a choice. The only issues I ever have are with the operators, some of which are a bit dodgy...

The 2 stories below from Route 1 are an indication large operators can no longer bully small operators out of the market. The OFT and CC are watching the Bus industry very closely. Stagecoach and there bullying days are over.

Cardiff Bus

Cardiff Bus Managing Director David Brown has resigned this afternoon (Friday) with immediate effect.
It comes after Cardiff Bus was ordered by Competition Appeal Tribunal to pay £93,818 compensation for “predatory conduct.”
In a statement, Cardiff Bus Chairman Joseph Carter said: “Cardiff Bus wishes to announce that they have accepted the resignation of David Brown, with immediate effect.
“I would like to thank David for his contribution to the company over the last 18 years.
“The Board would like to take this opportunity to wish David well for any future projects he undertakes.”
At the Tribunal’s 10-day hearing, directors for now-liquidated 2Travel claimed nearly £20m in compensation.
But the Tribunal’s three Judges dismissed 2Travel’s claim for compensation in relation to loss of a capital asset, loss of a commercial opportunity, wasted staff and management time plus liquidation costs.
But it found in 2Travel’s favour for compensation for £33,818 (plus interest) for lost profit, and £60,000 for exemplary damages.
The Tribunal concluded that 2Travel was ‘extremely badly managed’ and would have gone into liquidation when it did, even if Cardiff Bus’ actions never happened.
However, the Tribunal ruled that Cardiff Bus had deliberately decided to disregard the law, and its conduct was in ‘cynical disregard’ of 2Travel’s rights. It also rejected much of the evidence given by David Brown as ‘untrue’.

North Devon Deal Off

North Devon deal off - Stagecoach has immediately withdrawn from its planned purchase of the North Devon part of First Devon and Cornwall. It follows an OFT (Office of Fair Trading) announcing that it is referring the acquisition to the Competition Commission (CC). Stagecoach said: “We’re extremely disappointed at the decision to refer what is a relatively small transaction to the CC. We do not believe we can justify spending further money and management time on what has already been a lengthy process.” Giles Fearnley, First UK Bus Managing Director said: “We’re extremely disappointed by this (OFT) decision which may lead to services being withdrawn and puts jobs at risk. We’re now considering our options and will consult with affected employees and stakeholders about the implications of the OFT’s announcement.”

SV

stagecoachuk

Carlisle are due to swap 20945 back to Kendal in return for ex Carlisle 20219 today.

20965 is under repair and will not be coming for the new couple of weeks at least.

Both 52626 and 52629 on Megabus yesterday.

16714 out on service 600 in Carlisle this morning, looking cracking too.

Paul Mcgill

Carlisle are due to swap 20945 back to Kendal in return for ex Carlisle 20219 today.

20965 is under repair and will not be coming for the new couple of weeks at least.

Both 52626 and 52629 on Megabus yesterday.

16714 out on service 600 in Carlisle this morning, looking cracking too.

Another fine B10 leaving Kendal in replace for a rubbish one.

jonesy3001

Established Member
Morecambes enviro 300s(27743-27754) should be making there way to london between now and next week after being stripped and vinyled over of stagecoach logos, 27743 is the first to go as the B10s are being put into service;

B10Ms

B10Bs

Solway View

For all those interested the Reays open topper will be launched saturday in the lakes on the 55 Via the r104 & r50 from carlisle. It's the mighty Horse Ledge (N411 JBV) ex london central then on to the Isle of Wight converted in to open topper in 2009 (25k Conversion) now finishing its days off in the Cumbrian Lake District still displaying its name Horse Ledge given to it by Southern Vectis on the Island Breezers routes. Departs 08.30 of the Crescent in Carlisle Saturday

SV

Status
Not open for further replies.