• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Station secrets - tips and tricks

philosopher

Established Member
If your train arrives at platform 16 at Euston, when exiting the station, turn right onto the exit onto Drummond Street, walk down Melton Street and turn left again where the Cafe Nero is, continue ahead to enter the tube station via the stairs.

The two times I took this route, I seemed to be the only one taking the route, so you completely avoid the crowds entering the tube station via the concourse. You do have to walk partly through a building site which may be why people avoid it.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

birchesgreen

Established Member
At Smethwick Galton Bridge making a connection always look at the handy platform guides for your next destination first before heading to the stairs.

BRX

Established Member
Changing trains at East Croydon it's worth remembering the new footbridge now exists to save walking up and down the lengthy ramps of the main concourse.

pinkmarie80

There’s an Asda behind Nuneaton station. About a two minute walk. It also contains a McDonalds. Last time I was there I was on my way to Liverpool- I often take my own food with me due to cost/allergies etc.
I managed to do a reasonable sized shop and get there and back within 25 minutes (I’m disabled so it takes me longer. Anyone able bodied could easily do it way quicker)