• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stewarts Lane viaduct / Sheepcote lane chord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tubeman

Passed Nine Elms Junction on Saturday gone and could see that the rails of both roads of the Stewarts Lane Viaduct (the chord built for Eurostar trains to access Waterloo) were nice and shiny whereas they've usually been pretty dull and / or rusty since 2007.

Does anyone know what trains are using the chord and why?

Regular passenger service, diversions over the recent bank holiday weekends, or stock transfer?

And while I'm at it, a similar question regarding usage of the Sheepcote lane chord (which was re-laid to allow Eurostar sets to access North Pole depot via the West London Line)... Does this see any regular trains?

Regarding either, dates would be very useful... Obviously I know that both essentially became surplus to requirements with St Pancras Intl / Temple Mills depot opening... It's subsequent use I'm interested in.

The London Railway Atlas 3rd edition needs you! Thanks...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tubeman

Thanks... so is this just to keep the assets usable like London Underground 'rusty rail' moves?

Status
Not open for further replies.