• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Storm damage Düsseldorf-Köln

Status
Not open for further replies.

duesselmartin

Established Member
Hi all.
I met many British people trying to get from Köln to Düsseldorf Airport.
There will be no direct trains all week according to local radio. Buses and Taxis are rare.
Most trains in the Rhine-Ruhr Region are still disrupted!
Take a train from Köln to Wuppertal or Gruiten. From there there is a connection to Düsseldorf Hbf. From D Hbf runs a shuttle to the airport. Travel time, up to 2 hours.

Martin

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dutchflyer

Established Member
This is all the result of a heavy thunderstorm on mo 9/6, a holiday. The most heavily hit line is the Duisburg-Essen-Dortmund, where all trains had to be cancelled for a few days and now still all long-distance (EC,ICE, Overnight CNL).
A bit less then the same storm hit the west of Berlin a day or 2 later and the main HS-line also had to be closed. But its less severe there and mostly already cleared.

starrymarkb

Established Member
I missed it all going Leipzig-Berlin by rail just before the storm hit. Some friends who were due to fly Leipzig-Istanbul-JFK ended up being put in a Taxi to Tegel and were rerouted via London on my flight as the airport was closed for the storm

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.