• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stratford station names

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the existing Stratford station (Central line, DLR, NX East Anglia etc), going to be renamed Stratford Regional?

Already some press released refer to it as Stratford Regional.
http://www.london2012.com/making-it-happen/transport/stratford-regional-station.php

Would certainly make sense and to avoid confusion with Stratford International.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Also...

Any news if Eurostar plans to stop at Stratford International?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

A60K

Is the existing Stratford station (Central line, DLR, NX East Anglia etc), going to be renamed Stratford Regional?

Already some press released refer to it as Stratford Regional.
http://www.london2012.com/making-it-happen/transport/stratford-regional-station.php

Would certainly make sense and to avoid confusion with Stratford International.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Also...

Any news if Eurostar plans to stop at Stratford International?

I don't know about the Stratford Regional bit, but Eurostar did say in an e-mail to me recently that they plan for some trains to call at Stratford International once the DLR extension opens later this year.

There will be no Eurostar services calling at Stratford International during the Olympics, and a special timetable will be put in place for the South Eastern high speed services because of the different travel patterns.

If Eurostar does stop at Straford International, be interesting to see if these stops will be in addition to or at the expense of stops at Ebbsfleet and Ashford.

EM2

Established Member
If you're on the Central Line Up platform, there are new signs just saying Stratford opposite which I *think* are for the DLR extension, so I'd be surprised if there's a renaming.

dk1

Veteran Member
Stratford plan was to rename as 'Regional' to differentiate from 'International' once that opened (even if not for international trains). Not sure if this will happen once the DLR link the two later this year. However it might be more beneficial financially if it is named 'Stratford Regional for Westfield'.

A60K

If you're on the Central Line Up platform, there are new signs just saying Stratford opposite which I *think* are for the DLR extension, so I'd be surprised if there's a renaming.

Those signs will be for the extra Central line platform by the sound of it - the DLR extension runs at right-angles to and underneath the Central line.

NSE

Established Member
If I'm right, I think the regional suffix is more for computers (The sort of thing that might come up on a ticket if Stratford is your destination). I don't think platform signs and trains PA systems will be altered, more for international users to stop them turning up on the platform and boarding a train for Clacton rather than Paris.

Status
Not open for further replies.