• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Super Voyager composite carriage

Status
Not open for further replies.

bengolding

I was on a recent busy Euston to Chester (Holyhead) Super Voyager during the peak period, and noticed that there was only one First Class carriage available. The refurbished composite First Class carriage next dorr with the Shop was still Standard.

After going to all the lengths of refurbishing only this carriage in each Super Voyager, do Virgin ever use that as a First Class carriage? I bet First Class customers wouldn't be too happy at having to sit in a 2+2 configuration!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Trains06

Virgin only use the one carriage for First Class on Voyagers - Coach F.

MCR247

Established Member
Virgin only use the one carriage for First Class on Voyagers - Coach F.

Not true, they converted one coach (D) to a standard/first carrige with 2+2 and mostly table seats. It cab be used as 1st on NWC and 2nd on Brum-Scotland

Trains06

Oh, never knew about that one on the NWC Ive always seen it as Standard :oops:

pemma

Veteran Member
If you look at the 221 and 390 seating diagrams on virgintrains.co.uk both show one carriage as first or standard class. I think in the case of 390s one carriage that is usually 1st class is declassified during school summer holidays.

I think the down side is some people who pay for 1st class tickets get 2+2 seating while others get 2+1. I think that must lead to some complaints to the customer service team.

dk1

Veteran Member
Thought this Hybrid coach is only used as 1st class on busy North Wales services. Off-peak & all Brum-Scotland services use it as standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.