• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TfGM Bee Network - fleet discussion

GCH100

Back in service this week and operating from Go Northwest's Bolton Depot is Evoseti 3064 which I saw in Piccadilly Gardens on a 36 service to Bolton on Wednesday afternoon.

3062-3064, and 3070 have all returned to service at Bolton, 3062/3 operated on Vantage on Friday, further examples may enter service this week.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Meanwhile from London, Metroline is starting to withdraw the 14 reg VWH's at Potters Bar that will be going to Manchester for their Tranche 3 operations with VWH2010 & VWH2011 both withdrawn from TfL service with more due to be withdrawn in the coming weeks.

Class 466

Established Member
Meanwhile from London, Metroline is starting to withdraw the 14 reg VWH's at Potters Bar that will be going to Manchester for their Tranche 3 operations with VWH2010 & VWH2011 both withdrawn from TfL service with more due to be withdrawn in the coming weeks.
I’m glad to Metroline are cascading these. Decent vehicles those Gemini 3s. Wonder what else they’ll cascade!

KendalKing

Established Member
A bit early, not needed until January. I take it that they are being refurbished first, before heading to Manchester.

Leyland Bus

A bit early, not needed until January. I take it that they are being refurbished first, before heading to Manchester.
They've got 8 months to source, paint and refurbish goodness how many buses, this isn't early by any stretch!

Greybeard33

Established Member

To be clear, the linked article says that the 126 diesel buses on order for Manchester amount to 12% of Wright's total 2024 production and are the only diesels it is still making. The rest of this year's production comprises 78% battery and 10% hydrogen fuel cell vehicles.

AFAIK no hydrogen buses have been ordered for Manchester.

I dont think there's any suggestion there are hydrogen buses coming to Manchester...must be just the 126 diesel buses. Though if they are for Metroline then the order would only recently be able to be confirmed.

If I've done my sums correctly then Metroline must have around 235 new deckers on order for London...for routes 4 / 83 / 90 / 98 / 113 / 210 / 245 / 263 / 297 / U4 / W7 / W8 (require total PVR of 208). They have around 100 Enviro 400s that are aged 2011 and older which presumably would be too old to cascade to Manchester but that would still leave around 135 potentially available to come north.

All info taken from https://bus-routes-in-london.fandom.com/wiki/Upcoming_changes

Notchapple

I dont think there's any suggestion there are hydrogen buses coming to Manchester...must be just the 126 diesel buses. Though if they are for Metroline then the order would only recently be able to be confirmed.

If I've done my sums correctly then Metroline must have around 235 new deckers on order for London...for routes 4 / 83 / 90 / 98 / 113 / 210 / 245 / 263 / 297 / U4 / W7 / W8 (require total PVR of 208). They have around 100 Enviro 400s that are aged 2011 and older which presumably would be too old to cascade to Manchester but that would still leave around 135 potentially available to come north.

All info taken from https://bus-routes-in-london.fandom.com/wiki/Upcoming_changes
Exact numbers regarding their older fleet
14x Enviro400Hs built in 2011 or prior
23x Enviro400s built in 2011 or prior
80x Volvo B9TLs built in 2011 or prior
8 of the above haven't been used this month but another few are indirectly covering for late electric infrastructure for single decker routes

GCH100

Will the streetdecks be volvo or daimler engines?

There has never been a Volvo engined streetdeck, you are confussing it with Volvo B5 models that had Wright Gemini 3 bodies to Streetdeck design, and these are no longer made, therefore its almost certain they will have Daimler-Benz engines.

M60lad

Not to sure if this is the right place to ask or put this but is Middleton Depot short of vehicles at the moment?

I only ask as yesterday for some reason one duty on 415s was being operated with one of the ex Newcastle E400Hs, first time in ages I've actually witnessed a decker on 415.

mayneway

Not to sure if this is the right place to ask or put this but is Middleton Depot short of vehicles at the moment?

I only ask as yesterday for some reason one duty on 415s was being operated with one of the ex Newcastle E400Hs, first time in ages I've actually witnessed a decker on 415.
All 3 of the Tranche 2 depots are struggling bus wise. Can’t comment on Oldham but Queens and Middleton are short of single deckers.

Last edited by a moderator:

All 3 of the Tranche 2 depots are struggling bus wise. Can’t comment on Oldham but Queens and Middleton are short of single deckers.
There seem to be quite a few of the new Enviro 400MMCs knocking round Stockport at the moment - I thought they were all destined for the Tranche 2 depots. Haven't noticed any of the loan buses for a while though so maybe they are replacements for them.

978wta

There seem to be quite a few of the new Enviro 400MMCs knocking round Stockport at the moment - I thought they were all destined for the Tranche 2 depots. Haven't noticed any of the loan buses for a while though so maybe they are replacements for them.
I’ve noticed the same. Checking bustimes.org some services are running 17/18 to Manchester then switching to the 192.

Andyh82

Established Member
I think that is exactly the explanation. These buses currently allocated to Stockport seem to be new arrivals

WWH44L

Noticed that the ‘extra’ Go North West fleet have started to enter service at Bolton recently, notably some of the repainted B7RLEs.

Repainted 6151/3/7 and 6156 (has this been repainted?) and 6162.

Still to enter service are 6154/55 which are away for repaint, 6160 which @Leyland Bus reported in for repaint and 6158/9 which are still in previous livery but with Bee Network stickers. Do we know the status of 6152?

Evosetis 3062/3/4//7 are also out and about leaving 3065/6/8 to enter service.

mayneway

Noticed that the ‘extra’ Go North West fleet have started to enter service at Bolton recently, notably some of the repainted B7RLEs.

Repainted 6151/3/7 and 6156 (has this been repainted?) and 6162.

Still to enter service are 6154/55 which are away for repaint, 6160 which @Leyland Bus reported in for repaint and 6158/9 which are still in previous livery but with Bee Network stickers. Do we know the status of 6152?

Evosetis 3062/3/4//7 are also out and about leaving 3065/6/8 to enter service.
One of the Orbit B7’s was long term VOR at Queens road and spent a while sat outside engineering looking rather sad for itself. The same vehicle was towed out by FAM days before the handover so quite possibly 6152. Having said that 5002 and 5003 were also in a sorry state and have quickly been put back on the road by new owner Howard’s so could be minor.

Very surprised GNW didn’t retain any of the E200’s from Queens road with talk of vehicle shortages at Bolton.