• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 319's into storage/withdrawals tracker

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Although 444 is not one of the GWR 769s I suspect it might be one of TfW's unnamed /4s, so it might have something to do with that.

It is one of the few PRM compliant 319/4s which are unaccounted for, so I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case.

NGilfoyle

It is one of the few PRM compliant 319/4s which are unaccounted for, so I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case.
The same goes for 421. 426 has been confirmed as a TfW /4, so I reckon the other three will be 421, 444 and 446, which is currently with Northern but only on a short-term loan. LNWR are apparently due 15 319s but are currently on 13, so I'd imagine their last two would be 012 (which they were meant to have taken ages ago) and 217 (which is the only /2 they don't have).

Class455

Established Member
The same goes for 421. 426 has been confirmed as a TfW /4, so I reckon the other three will be 421, 444 and 446, which is currently with Northern but only on a short-term loan. LNWR are apparently due 15 319s but are currently on 13, so I'd imagine their last two would be 012 (which they were meant to have taken ages ago) and 217 (which is the only /2 they don't have).
Just seen a photo of 319217 at Northampton so it has now re-entered service with LNWR. Fantastic to see this unit back in service.
I’m rather surprised however there was no record of it leaving Long Marston unless the unit was moved by road to Wolverton

Defiance149

I’m rather surprised however there was no record of it leaving Long Marston unless the unit was moved by road to Wolverton

Judging from RTT, the pictured move was 319217 being released from Wolverton to Northampton.

There's been a large number of road movements between Long Marston and Wolverton where the 319 is unknown, I've got six such moves recorded at present.

Class455

Established Member
Judging from RTT, the pictured move was 319217 being released from Wolverton to Northampton.

There's been a large number of road movements between Long Marston and Wolverton where the 319 is unknown, I've got six such moves recorded at present.
If you don’t mind me asking what were the moves you recorded?

NGilfoyle

Just seen a photo of 319217 at Northampton so it has now re-entered service with LNWR. Fantastic to see this unit back in service.
Fantastic news! I assume 012 will follow, don't know why it's been kept back for so long.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Should keep @Bletchleyite happy, as far as I'm concern I'm lucky their patch is a bit too far South on the WCML for me. :p

Good, they are the nicest units in the fleet, and one of the few where I find all seats to have excellent legroom, so I'd take one over a 350 any day, and those on here well know I am a big fan of 350s and their fine German manufactured seating :D

Just keep the nasty all-facing 3+2 Standard only ones (/4?) on the St Albans branch out of my way :D

Class455

Established Member
Good, they are the nicest units in the fleet, and one of the few where I find all seats to have excellent legroom, so I'd take one over a 350 any day, and those on here well know I am a big fan of 350s and their fine German manufactured seating :D

Just keep the nasty all-facing 3+2 Standard only ones (/4?) on the St Albans branch out of my way :D
Do the LNWR 319’s now run on weekends now that there are double of what London Midland had in their Fleet?

NGilfoyle

Do the LNWR 319’s now run on weekends now that there are double of what London Midland had in their Fleet?
Not as far as I know, I think their further 8 were just brought in as spares due to a) the refurbishment of the 350s and b) the poor reliability of the 7 they already had. Anyway, that should be all of LNWR's 319s now, the only PRM-compliant ones unspoken for now are 421 and 444 which are most likely two of TfW's unnamed 769s. Also, you all probably know this already, but since it's yet to be mentioned on this thread, 002 is now fully converted for TfW, delivered to Cardiff Canton last month.

NGilfoyle

Just seen that photo myself to find that 217 has kept its "Brighton" name badge which is a bonus.

MatthewRead

On Moderation
Not as far as I know, I think their further 8 were just brought in as spares due to a) the refurbishment of the 350s and b) the poor reliability of the 7 they already had. Anyway, that should be all of LNWR's 319s now, the only PRM-compliant ones unspoken for now are 421 and 444 which are most likely two of TfW's unnamed 769s. Also, you all probably know this already, but since it's yet to be mentioned on this thread, 002 is now fully converted for TfW, delivered to Cardiff Canton last month.
I thought they were going to take over the Tring services after the summer timetable so the 350/1's could go for refurbishment.

NGilfoyle

I thought they were going to take over the Tring services after the summer timetable so the 350/1's could go for refurbishment.
If you mean this summer, that could be the case, as I had heard they might be getting extra diagrams, but not necessarily an entire takeover of the Tring services.

Class455

Established Member
319001 has left Long Marston and has been moved by road, possibly to Loughborough for its conversion to Hydrogen FLEX?
https://flic.kr/p/2e1KFUv
319007 was also moved by road in May last year since it went to Wolverton in 2017, I'm assuming this is now at Loughborough given that its due to be FLEX'ed

Last edited:

Spirit555

Two parts of 319006 were on low loaders on the M42 a week or do ago. Destination unknown.

HTH

Mark

NGilfoyle