• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Thameslink Services/Timetable from May 20th 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred26

Rearranging the depots seems to have been primarily about making Thameslink work, and not having driver changes in the middle of the network. It should probably have happened first, and well before the timetable changes commenced.

I suspect a future transfer to LO is one of the things it might enable, but that’s probably not number 1 on the list...

Well they'll have diagrams changing at Stevenage soon, so they will change in middle of the route.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hwl

Established Member
Well they'll have diagrams changing at Stevenage soon, so they will change in middle of the route.
Sounds potentially less worse than Finsbury for change overs especially if more non GN area TL drivers are now trained to Stevanage or beyond

jopsuk

Veteran Member
Wait, did I read that right- that Hitchin drivers will only do Moorgate services? How does that make sense with Moorgate services not going that far north?

jon0844

Veteran Member
Wait, did I read that right- that Hitchin drivers will only do Moorgate services? How does that make sense with Moorgate services not going that far north?

A lot of them are moving to WGC in November or December.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
I was probably meaning Blackfriars as the middle of the route though. I think the aim is to seriously reduce changes there, but perhaps it’s already happened...

Last edited:

Aictos

Established Member
No, it isn't. Its an error with the CIS, it appears to have been applied to all services at weekends instead of only those which are 700s. However as it only says First Class is at the front, and doesn't specifically say the rear (or middle if 365) is declassified I wouldn't take your chances.

Indeed and as the GN twitter team confirmed earlier today, the only declassified 1st Class on their services is on the Class 700 fleet with the rear 1st Class in the direction of travel being declassified.

Class 365s do NOT have any declassified 1st Class on board in either direction see following tweet:

"Hi Alex - First Class is only declassified on the Class 700s. Class 365's wont have declassified 1st class I'm afraid." ^Sam

https://twitter.com/GNRailUK/status/1054318826421186560

They confirm that the rear 1st Class on the Class 700 IS still declassified in the direction of travel see following tweet:

"Hello Alex, first class is only declassified at the rear on the new class 700 trains. On these trains there is only front and rear first class." ^Kim

https://twitter.com/GNRailUK/status/1054314859913973761

IF a non Class 700 does turn up then regardless of what the information systems say, it DOESN'T have any declassified 1st class at all so if a Class 365 turned up for example then you would be charged a PF if you sat in 1st Class with a Standard Class ticket UNLESS it is stated otherwise that it is declassified for example due to disruption see following tweet:

"First class is only declassified at the rear on the class 700 units. Unless stated otherwise due to disruption etc." ^Kim

https://twitter.com/GNRailUK/status/1054316191681036289

I hope that settles any discussion that there might be?

jellybaby

as the GN twitter team confirmed earlier today, the only declassified 1st Class on their services is on the Class 700 fleet with the rear 1st Class in the direction of travel being declassified

And the services operated by 700s which don't have first class in the timetable, eg the 1736 KGX-WGC.

But don't tell the Muggles that, leaves more space for me :)

Aictos

Established Member
By 'were self-dispatch at most stations', I meant not Finsbury Park.

Are the Class 700s especially the 700/1s self dispatch at Stevenage, Hitchin, Royston and stations to Huntingdon?

As I know the Class 365s and Class 321s had to been dispatched by dispatchers when running in 12 car formation, is this still the case with the 12 car 700s?

Fred26

Are the Class 700s especially the 700/1s self dispatch at Stevenage, Hitchin, Royston and stations to Huntingdon?

As I know the Class 365s and Class 321s had to been dispatched by dispatchers when running in 12 car formation, is this still the case with the 12 car 700s?

700s are self dispatch everywhere now. Have been for most stations for months. Finsbury Park and Stevenage used to dispatch everything. Now Finsbury Park has 313s and 365s, and Stevenage has those, plus LNER services.

Aictos

Established Member
700s are self dispatch everywhere now. Have been for most stations for months. Finsbury Park and Stevenage used to dispatch everything. Now Finsbury Park has 313s and 365s, and Stevenage has those, plus LNER services.

Must be boring for all these who used to be dispatching regularly on the Peterborough line for example if they're only dispatching a handful of trains if that?

jon0844

Veteran Member

WGC still dispatches 700s from two platforms. Everything from those in fact.

sefton

Indeed and as the GN twitter team confirmed earlier today, the only declassified 1st Class on their services is on the Class 700 fleet with the rear 1st Class in the direction of travel being declassified.

Class 365s do NOT have any declassified 1st Class on board in either direction see following tweet:

"Hi Alex - First Class is only declassified on the Class 700s. Class 365's wont have declassified 1st class I'm afraid." ^Sam

https://twitter.com/GNRailUK/status/1054318826421186560

They confirm that the rear 1st Class on the Class 700 IS still declassified in the direction of travel see following tweet:

"Hello Alex, first class is only declassified at the rear on the new class 700 trains. On these trains there is only front and rear first class." ^Kim

https://twitter.com/GNRailUK/status/1054314859913973761

IF a non Class 700 does turn up then regardless of what the information systems say, it DOESN'T have any declassified 1st class at all so if a Class 365 turned up for example then you would be charged a PF if you sat in 1st Class with a Standard Class ticket UNLESS it is stated otherwise that it is declassified for example due to disruption see following tweet:

"First class is only declassified at the rear on the class 700 units. Unless stated otherwise due to disruption etc." ^Kim

https://twitter.com/GNRailUK/status/1054316191681036289

I hope that settles any discussion that there might be?

Presumably the Twitter team have informed the team that is responsible for the station information boards and announcements so they can give their customers the correct information. Or should we not hold our breath?

ijmad

Established Member
The Catford route maybe

Maybe not: the Catford Loop (and Shorlands, Bromley South and Bickley) were supposed to have 4tph all day and is currently barely managing 2tph.

They're trying the 4tph again in December but who knows when any further planned changes will now take place. Sevenoaks trains are supposed to run through to Welwyn in May 2019 and the Cambridge to Ashford International service is supposed to start in December 2019 giving 4ph all day to Swanley, Shoreham, Eynsford and Otford further along that route.

Aictos

Established Member
Presumably the Twitter team have informed the team that is responsible for the station information boards and announcements so they can give their customers the correct information. Or should we not hold our breath?

I doubt it but that's from the horse's mouth so to speak!

sefton

I doubt it but that's from the horse's mouth so to speak!

You have more faith in the GTR Twitter team than I do. Whenever I look all I see is the result of them using their special keyboard.

img_58543c8f38bdc.png

radamfi

Established Member
Why is there still a bus from Horsham to Three Bridges at 2035 each weekday?

Failed Unit

Established Member
Definitely more typical service tonight.

Trains at Finsbury Park with no drivers.
Skip stopping (despite it rarely saving time)
Trains stuck behind trains with no drivers because GTR control don’t let the signallers know (2021 kx - Cambridge)
No mention on Twitter.

How many weeks until December?

bramling

Veteran Member
Definitely more typical service tonight.

Trains at Finsbury Park with no drivers.
Skip stopping (despite it rarely saving time)
Trains stuck behind trains with no drivers because GTR control don’t let the signallers know (2021 kx - Cambridge)
No mention on Twitter.

How many weeks until December?

Job seems screwed tonight, not totally clear what problem is. My first-choice service cancelled both ways today. Or maybe it’s a figment of the imagination and everything is lovely!

Edit: could be 1E23 stuck on UF near New Southgate. Everything seems to be running slow lines round it, both up and down, so perhaps a block on fast lines to allow train to be examined?

Last edited:

Failed Unit

Established Member
Job seems screwed tonight, not totally clear what problem is. My first-choice service cancelled both ways today. Or maybe it’s a figment of the imagination and everything is lovely!

Edit: could be 1E23 stuck on UF near New Southgate. Everything seems to be running slow lines round it, both up and down, so perhaps a block on fast lines to allow train to be examined?

That is what GTR are telling passengers- but it is more a convenient way of deflecting the truth that they are incompetent.

The 1855 Horsham - Peterborough got to Finsbury Park and had no driver to go north.
The 2021 kings cross - Cambridge was put behind it but could go nowhere (it reversed in the end to access platform 5)

The brown stuff was on the fan before the LNER broke down.

The inners have suffered all evening not recovering from a trespasser.

Blaming the failed set as it is another operators is good for GTR. But the service was already heavily disrupted.

bramling

Veteran Member
That is what GTR are telling passengers- but it is more a convenient way of deflecting the truth that they are incompetent.

The 1855 Horsham - Peterborough got to Finsbury Park and had no driver to go north.
The 2021 kings cross - Cambridge was put behind it but could go nowhere (it reversed in the end to access platform 5)

The brown stuff was on the fan before the LNER broke down.

The inners have suffered all evening not recovering from a trespasser.

Blaming the failed set as it is another operators is good for GTR. But the service was already heavily disrupted.

GTR do seem good at blaming others when any such opportunity presents itself. If one listened to them the whole shambles is the fault of anyone else but them.

Having said that I still largely blame the DFT for the FailPlan shambles. GTR’s incompetence is just supplementary to DFT’s.

Looks like 1E23 is now having a Thunderbird attached to the front.

The 1E23 failure certainly doesn’t explain the various GTR cancellations today, as you rightly say.

Half-term week perchance?!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.