• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The future of Olton hall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

UP13

Will Olton hall return to Carnforth and go back green

Too much money to be made from Hogwarts Expresses.

To be fair if that gets people into trains then fair enough. Plenty of green halls about.

Monty

Established Member
I'll doubt it will be going anywhere for the short term, the loco is currently plinthed at the Warner Brothers studio tour in Leavesden near Watford. Afaik the engine is still owned by WCR and they have been reluctant to sell. I don't doubt the locomotive will probably move on to pastures new eventually, as time goes on Harry Potter will become less relevant to the next generation and so forth and the loco will probably become surplus to requirements.

Ianno87

Veteran Member
I'll doubt it will be going anywhere for the short term, the loco is currently plinthed at the Warner Brothers studio tour in Leavesden near Watford. Afaik the engine is still owned by WCR and they have been reluctant to sell. I don't doubt the locomotive will probably move on to pastures new eventually, as time goes on Harry Potter will become less relevant to the next generation and so forth and the loco will probably become surplus to requirements.

My wife and sister-in-law adore Harry Potter (being of that generation), and have passed that onto our eldest. It ain't going away any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.