• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Traitors - ideas for future series

MotCO

Established Member
The Traitors is currently showing on BBC1. This thread is not to discuss the current (2024) series for fear of any Spoiler Alerts, but to suggest twists and changes for future series. To kick off, I have a couple of suggestions:

1. The identiy of the Traitors to be concealed to viewers. We can then play along and see if we can identify the Traitors. The Traitors can still be shown to meet to discuss who to murder, but their voices could be distorted or played by actors.

2. The Traitors could be changed midway through the series, either totally or partially. Thus the Traitors who are 'sacked' would not know whether their former Traitor colleagues are still Traitors or now Faithfuls. It could also lead to some interesting changes in mindsets for those no longer Traitors, and those former Faithfuls now becoming Traitors.

3. A new secret Traitor can be appointed for one night only, to murder someone, with the murder victim chosen by the original Traitors being null and void. Besides the chance of a Traitor being murdered, the expressions on the original Traitors faces the next morning when their intended victim comes in for breakast could be interesting.

Now over to you for further suggestions......

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JohnMcL7

Having seen the reaction of the players who have been banished or murdered to the identity of the traitors I think the suggestion to hide the traitors from the viewers would be a great idea. There's been many good TV series where a lot of the enjoyment is discussing plot elements or guessing about characters for upcoming episodes.

The main element I think that's missing from the series is that the Traitors don't actually do anything to give the players any ideas that they're traitors, it's all just guess work and belief on the way people behave. In the game Among Us (which it feels heavily influenced Traitors), the crewmates have a list of tasks to carry out while the Impostors try to sabotage them by damaging parts of the ship and killing them. The crewmates win the game if they carry out all their tasks, the impostors win if all the crew are murdered so when someone is murdered the impostors have to be careful to have a convincing story about where they've been and what task they were doing. This is what can catch an impostor out if another player realises they're lying about where they've been or the task they've been working on. For Traitors I've always thought there should be some element of this involved so Traitors have to try and look like they're helping but if the group loses any more due to their actions, it goes into a separate fund for them so they have to balance stealing money against getting identified as a traitor.

Thirteen

I’ve always thought if I was a Traitor, I’d keep quiet for a while befriending Both sides then backstabbing them at the end

johntea

Established Member
There is a show called 'The Mole' where one of the contestants is secretly trying to sabotage games and the players take a quiz at the end of each episode with the one knowing least about their identity getting the boot (The Mole never gets eliminated as they obviously know all the answers!), then their identity is only revealed to both the contestants and the viewers at the final - they then explain some of their sabotages and some hidden clues explained that were snuck in for viewers

We had a couple of UK series in the early 2000s on Channel 5 but the Dutch 'Wie Is De Mol' and Belgian 'De Mol' are still going strong to this day, some kind people even upload them with English subtitles, Netflix also sort of brought back the American version but it is a bit rubbish in comparison!