• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trackside Spotting locations in London or near London

Status
Not open for further replies.

Class455/8

I've lived in London my whole life and have done spotting at almost all stations, I have started finding trackside locations like the elevated footpath which leads to the footbridge near coulsdon town. But I don't know anymore, does anyone know trackside locations such as footpaths and footbridges in London or around London?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Railwaysceptic

Established Member
I've lived in London my whole life and have done spotting at almost all stations, I have started finding trackside locations like the elevated footpath which leads to the footbridge near coulsdon town. But I don't know anymore, does anyone know trackside locations such as footpaths and footbridges in London or around London?
Obviously there are numerous such footpaths and footbridges. I imagine perusing an A to Z of London would provide several examples. In the late 1950s when I was a fervent train spotter, the most cherished locations were not footpaths but station platforms giving an unobstructed view. Royal Oak was a particular favourite for trains in and out of Paddington. Dollis Hill is excellent for Chiltern Line trains. South Kenton is the best for trains to and from both Euston and Wembley Yard.

Class455/8

Obviously there are numerous such footpaths and footbridges. I imagine perusing an A to Z of London would provide several examples. In the late 1950s when I was a fervent train spotter, the most cherished locations were not footpaths but station platforms giving an unobstructed view. Royal Oak was a particular favourite for trains in and out of Paddington. Dollis Hill is excellent for Chiltern Line trains. South Kenton is the best for trains to and from both Euston and Wembley Yard.
Yeah those are good locations but i have exhausted all of those been there many times and i have been to almost all stations in London so i am trying to find new locations

Western Sunset

Established Member
Around Croydon:
Footbridge over the tracks just north of South Croydon station
Fairfield Road bridge, just south of East Croydon station
St James's Road bridge, north of East Croydon station
Tennison Road bridge, south of Norwood Junction station (small steps/box to stand on helps...)

South of Coulsdon:
Lots of overbridges, around Hooley, giving good views of the Quarry Line and/or the line via Redhill

Status
Not open for further replies.