• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee T&W Metro Driver Jobs

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

magpiepotts

Nope not at all. I've sent them an email response asking if after the two years they quote would we still be in the talent pool or would we all need to re apply again

Rusty79

I’m sorry it isn’t good news. If you don’t mind me asking what did they say in email?
NO VACANCIES
Might be though in TWO YEARS!
So if I do eventually start in 2 years time that would be almost 4 years since the application started.

Nope not at all. I've sent them an email response asking if after the two years they quote would we still be in the talent pool or would we all need to re apply again
They said in original email your test results are valid for 5 years

magpiepotts

NO VACANCIES
Might be though in TWO YEARS!
So if I do eventually start in 2 years time that would be almost 4 years since the application started.

They said in original email your test results are valid for 5 years
Yeah the test results will be valid for 5 years but we might not be in the talent pool after the additional two years. The test results will be valid for us to use with other tocs dependant on the criteria they use.

Rusty79

Yeah the test results will be valid for 5 years but we might not be in the talent pool after the additional two years. The test results will be valid for us to use with other tocs dependant on the criteria they use.
Get that but i cannot see why they would kick us out the pool if results are valid for 5 years. Would just cost them more money wouldn't it?

magpiepotts

Would make sense however some tocs only keep candidates in a talent pool for a certain time. I asked the question yesterday in a reply email to nexus and the response was they are unsure as two years is a long time.....

Rusty79

Would make sense however some tocs only keep candidates in a talent pool for a certain time. I asked the question yesterday in a reply email to nexus and the response was they are unsure as two years is a long time.....
Aye, sounds like its dead in the water to me like

For some reason Metro insist you retake the psychometrics even if they are valid. I'm not saying they're the only one's to make you do this but I'm not aware of anywhere else that does (unless the pass date is beyond the 18 month to 5 year validation period; depending on the TOC).
AIUI this is incorrect. I know of 2 T&W trainees from a 2021 intake that passed their psychometrics elsewhere. Metro HR checked the database and recruitment them both. Metro policy was that a full pass to national standard was fine, however a “part-pass” (where some aspects were failed / not taken) would require a full resit?

Owen2323

AIUI this is incorrect. I know of 2 T&W trainees from a 2021 intake that passed their psychometrics elsewhere. Metro HR checked the database and recruitment them both. Metro policy was that a full pass to national standard was fine, however a “part-pass” (where some aspects were failed / not taken) would require a full resit?

You may well be right - things change with time. I'm only speaking from my own personal experiences from when I did my psychometrics with metro (late 2020 I think?). Their standard was also National back then and they're enhanced now.......

Rusty79

I have applied for Lumo. I emailed them first they said as long as I passed my tests within the last 2 years they will accept them but would still have to do the rest of recruitment process (which is just interviews and a few other things).