• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transpennine express

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuggington21

They have advertised for qualified drivers for a new depot in Scotland. Can anyone on here tell me a little bit what they are like to work for? Rosters, average turn' rest days etc. And if anyone knows where the depot will be.

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Itsjustajob

I wonder how many positions? Talent pool would suggest a few but advert then says "looking for A driver".

What do qualified driver assessments involve for TPE?

CGS

I wonder how many positions? Talent pool would suggest a few but advert then says "looking for A driver".

What do qualified driver assessments involve for TPE?
SCAAT test, writing a report after listening to a mock scenario, completing a defect book and interview.

driver9000

Established Member
It's a new depot due to open in December. No idea on planned link size but it's the work currently done under contract by Freightliner.

Traction - 185 and 350 (397s when they arrive later this year).

Routes - Glasgow Central and Edinburgh Waverley to Preston plus Craigentinny and Corkerhill depots although this will change to Polmadie once the 397s enter service. When TPE run Edinburgh to Newcastle this is also covered by Freightliner so that might feature too albeit not on a regular basis until the 802s enter service.

Sundays are inside the working week, average week of 35hrs and a maximum turn length of 10hrs.

whoosh

Established Member
They used to be on an average 4.25 day week, but I believe it's an average 4 day week now.
I saw the Sheffield roster when it was the average 4.25 days. It was a pattern of between four and six working days followed by between three and six rest days. This way of doing things meant it was an 'average' and there was not the same number of rest days each week, but it did give all time off as consecutive days.
Shifts between 5 and 10 hours long.

Chuggington21

It's a new depot due to open in December. No idea on planned link size but it's the work currently done under contract by Freightliner.

Traction - 185 and 350 (397s when they arrive later this year).

Routes - Glasgow Central and Edinburgh Waverley to Preston plus Craigentinny and Corkerhill depots although this will change to Polmadie once the 397s enter service. When TPE run Edinburgh to Newcastle this is also covered by Freightliner so that might feature too albeit not on a regular basis until the 802s enter service.

Sundays are inside the working week, average week of 35hrs and a maximum turn length of 10hrs.
Is there depot opening in Glasgow or is there plans for a depot in the east for the Newcastle route

driver9000

Established Member
Is there depot opening in Glasgow or is there plans for a depot in the east for the Newcastle route

Glasgow Central. There is already a depot in Newcastle which will no doubt pick up a proportion of the new Edinburgh work on the ECML. The Glasgow depot already exists on paper as the Freightliner Drivers working under contract to TPE are "based" there.

toot toot

SCAAT test, writing a report after listening to a mock scenario, completing a defect book and interview.

There is 20 behaviour based questions to answer online when submitting the application or so i was informed...

theironroad

Established Member
Do the Freightliner drivers who cover the tpe work now only do the tpe work or other freight work too. I'm guessing the Freightliner drivers doing the job now will get priority for the permanent tpe base if they want it.

I'm also guessing it must be a pretty small depot.

driver9000

Established Member
Do the Freightliner drivers who cover the tpe work now only do the tpe work or other freight work too. I'm guessing the Freightliner drivers doing the job now will get priority for the permanent tpe base if they want it.

I'm also guessing it must be a pretty small depot.

They work freight too.

There is 20 behaviour based questions to answer online when submitting the application or so i was informed...
Yes there is that’s right, once you’ve put the application through.

How do you upload the transfer of safety information form?

It gives an email address to send it to but the only way i could do it would be by scanning the form and emailing it that way.

Tony136

How do you upload the transfer of safety information form?

It gives an email address to send it to but the only way i could do it would be by scanning the form and emailing it that way.

I'd assume this is the only way unless there's a postal address to send the completed form to

Bigticket

I have my interview/assessment next week in Glasgow for this position. Good luck anyone else in the same situation!

tiptoptaff

Established Member
Anyone have any info on Preston depot?

Routes, traction, links, number of drivers etc?

Thanks

driver9000

Established Member
Anyone have any info on Preston depot?

Routes, traction, links, number of drivers etc?

Thanks

Current routes and traction:

Manchester Airport to Edinburgh Waverley via Chat Moss and Chorley.
Lostock Junction to Wigan North Western via Westhoughton.
Manchester Victoria to Salford Crescent and Ordsall Lane Junction.

185 and 350.

1 link of 35 earliest on 05:20, latest off 01:00 (this will change).

The depot is about to add Carstairs to Glasgow Central plus Wigan North Western to Liverpool Lime Street to its route card and will be learning 397s in the near future.

tiptoptaff

Established Member
Current routes and traction:

Manchester Airport to Edinburgh Waverley via Chat Moss and Chorley.
Lostock Junction to Wigan North Western via Westhoughton.
Manchester Victoria to Salford Crescent and Ordsall Lane Junction.

185 and 350.

1 link of 35 earliest on 05:20, latest off 01:00 (this will change).

The depot is about to add Carstairs to Glasgow Central plus Wigan North Western to Liverpool Lime Street to its route card and will be learning 397s in the near future.

Many thanks - great info - are you a TPE driver?

Lengthman

Same here, I know of 2 knockbacks, 1 offer, 2 still waiting for a reply and rumours of offers and knockbacks at Motherwell.

mr double 77

I myself received a email regarding, being successful and offering me a assessment day, however this was July 25th and all dates fell when I was on holiday in August, did email exsplaining the situation not received a email back, have now phoned the number with the email, so waiting now as the application is still showing as live, hopefully not missed the boat so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.