• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transport World Simulator, a train simulator for the blind and visually impaired

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tube Fan

Hello everyone!
As the title says, I'm writing about Transport World Simulator (TWS).
TWS is a train simulation game for the blind and visually impaired, which is completely based on sounds and TTS-voice output.
I've been programming TWS for over five years now and now feel that I have reached a stage where I'd love to hear from train drivers and other railway personal how I could improve the game further.
If you'd like to know more, just write here in this topic. I'll also post a demo audio clip soon.
Regards
Taurus Fan

Hello!Here's the demo audio of the game. If you think I should improve anything or add any systems or if you just want to chat about the game, just write in here please.
Link:
I hope you can listen to the file and I'm sorry for the poor voice quality, I used a normal headset to record this.
Regards
Tube Fan

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Intercity110

On Moderation
If i’m understanding correctly, it’s a sim where you shout at the game to ‘acknowlege AWS’ for exmple? And does it say back AWS acknowleged. If i’m correct, these are very difficult to play at the best of times.

dpkprod

Hi, I'm very intéressed by this simulator...
I worked on TubeSim for French version 3 years ago...
I'd be very happy to test and translate in French... Please contact me at https://dpkprod.eu It's French site but juste one form to contact me...

Tube Fan

Hi, I'm very intéressed by this simulator...
I worked on TubeSim for French version 3 years ago...
I'd be very happy to test and translate in French... Please contact me at https://dpkprod.eu It's French site but juste one form to contact me...
Hello!
Thanks a lot for this message. I'm currently still programming in new functions and fixing a number of bugs with a few systems. If I finish the game, I'll definitely contact you for a translation though.
Regarding testing of the game, I'll talk to a few members of our team and let you know what we decide about that. I personally would love to have you in our team though.
Regards
Tube Fan

dpkprod

thank you very much.. I know rail transport. I'm very fan about French train... I'm sound designer too, so if you need some sounds or for French translate some scenes I'm OK.
I'm sure you code on windows, not on Mac OS ?
I will install VM to teste your simulator... I'm very very happy... I hope you some news about and mail me from my web site.

Status
Not open for further replies.